Beer of the Week (w/e 5th December 2021) with Thuck Phat on the Pub Forum

Phone: 02087520537

Pub Type

Fuller's

john gray left this review about The Kings Head Hotel

Recently refurbished Fullers pub .Smart modern but sterile.Not sure if Fullers still have it but they had their beers on.Pride on keg doesn't work for me.

On 3rd June 2017 - rating: 5

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Kings Head Hotel

A mixture of "wow" and "good grief" here, with a spectacularly ornate a and well-presented exterior and a 'V'-shaped interior completely refurbished in a light semi-modern style. Also has some wooden benches out on the front square. However, there is no real ale offered, with keg offerings from Fuller's including Pride (£4.25), Honey Dew and IPA. Still very much a hotel as well as a pub.

On 3rd June 2017 - rating: 6

Malden man left this review about The Kings Head

The Kings Head was a regular haunt of mine when I first moved to London back in the 80's, so as such holds some memories. The pub I recall was rather down to earth, but friendly, and had a great jazz night on Wednesdays.
Finding myself in the area, I dropped by. The pub has undergone a pretty major transformation, however the L shaped layout remains, and a degree if not all, of tradition remains. There is now a mix of carpeted and wooden boarded floors, the columns are clad in a lightish wood, the ceiling is now burgandy with cream and part dark wallpapered walls. It works for me to a extent. Mixed seating, traditional plus sofas, high tables etc, the modern way. The table candles are not necessary though . By the front door is a bar football table, and there is also a retro sit down video game table with Pacman.
It's not The Kings Head I remember, but I can live with the alterations, it at least hints at tradition.
Still Fullers, Pride, ESB and Gales Swing Low on my visit; SL on at £2:50.
One nice story to add, birds nesting in a ventilation duct were very audible, good to hear the staff say they were being protected.

On 21st April 2010 - rating: 7

Steve C left this review about The Kings Head

This place looks a bit grim from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised upon entering as it is clean and decked out well. There are a couple of plasma screens and a small TV and they show Sky and Setanta. The barmaid was friendly, but my Pride wasn't up to scratch. ESB is also available alongside some bog standard lagers.

This is a decent pub and hopefully my bad pint was a one off. Next time I am in Acton I will try this place again.

On 6th March 2009 - rating: 6

john mcgraw left this review about The Kings Head

A large Fullers pub that looks like it has been re-furb lately. Usual range of Fuller's beers on offer.

On 18th January 2009 - rating: 8