Random news of the day with Spinko on the Pub Forum

W5 5DX
Phone: 02085670606

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

john gray left this review about The Kings Arms Hotel

friendly pub just behind the shopping centre.4 handpumps with regional brewers beers but Twickenham often feature.Good place to watch Sky football with well kept beer a plus.

On 15th February 2013 - rating: 6

Matthew Jones left this review about The Kings Arms Hotel

Very pricey pub, which you can sometimes put up with in London for a good pub with a nice atmosphere, but in addition, the bar staff are extremely unfriendly and unwelcoming. Wont be going back until theres a change of staff.

On 23rd September 2010 - rating: 1

Steve C left this review about The Kings Arms Hotel

These types of pubs remind me of my youth when I had to sit quietly in the corner sipping my lemonade and eating a packet of salt and vinegar whilst my parents and their friends got drunk at the bar. I used to love those family days out and every time I walk into a local back street boozer like this one my heart skips a beat and I feel at home straight away.

Courage Best and Pride were the ale choices alongside a limited selection of standard draught that you'd expect to find in a pub that time forgot. A lot of these pubs are grubby and in need of some TLC, but this one is well looked after.

There is a small TV in the front bar and a plasma screen on the rear wall in the smaller back bar. Also, the barmaid seemed friendly and my Pride was good, if not great.

My only gripe is that a radio station was being played over the sound system, complete with adverts. I still rate this pub highly and wish there were more of them.

On 23rd December 2008 - rating: 8