Wetherspoon's news of the day with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

SE10
SE10 8SP
Phone: 02088582189

Steve C left this review about Morden Arms

The Morden Arms is a basic single room back street boozer that was full of banter from a handful of locals during my visit on Wednesday afternoon. The bar is found on the rear wall where a standard draught range was available. I counted four hand pumps, but two of these were unused leaving Truman’s Lazarus and Clarkshaw’s Strange Brew No. 1 as the ale options. I went for the Lazarus which went down quite well.

I noted a few advertisements for karaoke and live music. The plasma screen was switched off and I didn’t see any mention of live sport.

I would use this pub if I lived locally.

On 6th June 2014 - rating: 5

Nick Johnstone left this review about Morden Arms

Friendly landlord but basic and slightly run down.

On 18th August 2012 - rating: 5

Roger Button left this review about Morden Arms

Tucked away in the back streets off the tourist Greenwich path, the Morden Arms is a renovated but still fairly basic back street corner pub. The interior is one large open room with bare floors, twin brick fires with stoves and simple furnishings. The décor is quite plain and not much really stands out although the localized artwork around the semi circular bar canopy is a nice touch. 2 Ales available, Courage Best & Directors but quality was, at best, average on our visit although prices were quite reasonable. Live jazz appears to be the main draw but overall it’s not really a place that warrants a specific trip.

On 15th January 2010 - rating: 4