How was it for you? with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Ye Olde Mitre, EC1

1 Ely Court
EC1
EC1N 6SJ
Phone: 02074054751

Page: 1 2 3

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 9 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

John Horton left this review about Ye Olde Mitre

Magic, pure magic! Excellent real ale, small cozy rooms, good food at reasonable prices. Difficult to find and a revelation when found. It is claimed that a little girl played around a tree in the garden. Who was that girl? The future Queen Elizabeth I. Would I go again? Just you try & stop me.

On 11th July 2008 - rating: 10

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Ye Olde Mitre

It's too long since I last went to the Old(e) Mitre, but it hasn't changed a bit - and thus exactly the point of the place...

On 9th January 2008 - rating: 9

Malden man left this review about Ye Old Mitre

Simply gorgeous pub. Ticks all the boxes, good ale, historical interest, warm and convivial. Timbered ceiling, wood panelling, lots of paintings and a small snug off the rear lounge named "Ye Closet". Attentive bar staff (with aprons), my pint was topped up to the brim immediately and without asking, rare nowadays. Adnams, Caledonian, Nethergate Old Growler, and my choice Rooster's Yankee on yesterday, plus Thatchers Cider. I didn't eat but the range of snacks are very well priced, toasties for £1:50,Scotch eggs etc £1:25 and hot sausages for 60p!

As seems to be usual wherever I go, the outside is wrapped in scaffolding so I couldn't judge the exterior however even though the Xmas Decs are up already I'm awarding a well deserved 9 to this place.

On 24th November 2007 - rating: 9

john mcgraw left this review about Ye Old Mitre

A truly very old little pub down an alley off Hatton Garden.Two very small bars serving a variety of three real ales.Very friendly staff who make you feel at home.Recently featured in the "How London was Built" series on TV.Do not miss this great gem of a pub.5 mins from Chancery Lane station.
Closed Sat and Sun