pubs galore bar with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

W6
W6 0UR
Phone: 02087491291

Ewan law left this review about The Anglesea Arms

Went to the new Angelsea Arms for a celebration supper, the food is as brilliant as it ever was, sadly the evening was ruined by the charmless service!

On 3rd September 2014 - no rating submitted

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Anglesea Arms

Perfectly reasonable gastropub in a well-healed area, although this also means that prices are high (although it always seems to be very busy with diners in the evening). Cluttered furniture makes it difficult to reach the bar, but there is also a front seating area under awnings. Four handpumps with a changing range of real ales - Banks's Mild, Old Speckled Hen, Oxford Gold and Otter Bitter (£3.60) on my last visit.

On 12th March 2012 - rating: 7

Rex Rattus left this review about The Anglesea Arms

Definitely a food centric pub. The front bar, however, is available for drinkers, with the area to the right of the bar as you enter seemingly for diners (at least that’s how it looked to me when I was in there during a Wednesday lunchtime). There were four handpumps on the bar – two were not in use, and the other two were dispensing Timothy Taylor Landlord and London Pride. The Pride was OK.
Seating in the bar area consisted of sofas, banquettes and normal tables and chairs. Behind and underneath the banquette at which I sat was a load of firewood. An unusual feature I thought, until I spotted the fireplace, which I guess they must use for the purpose for which it is intended, in the winter. Now a log fire on the go in the winter really is an interesting feature. The food might be good (but I didn’t eat and thus can’t comment), and the menu looked varied, but I prefer the more basic pub. Having said that, the main bar area was comfortable enough and I wouldn’t mind dropping in for a pint if I was nearby, but I don’t think I would go out of my way to visit again.

On 2nd September 2009 - rating: 6

stevan vukic left this review about The Anglesea Arms

Cant believe there's no review. Anyway this pub is my favourite in Hammersmith.Why? Querky interior yet with dining area, lounge & open fire & enough other seating areas both inside & out. Now the best bit. The food is a pleasure time & time again. They've really got it right with plenty of fish dishes, oysters, red & white meat dishes but all with an abundance of well put together other ingredients & sauces. The wine list wont disappoint & the beer & ales are spot on with regular changes on the ale side. It's popular with 20' 30's & 40's alike but the attentive & likeable staff really do their best for you & that's why I keep going back there. Mains are about £12-16 and worth it. Tip. try to get in before 8pm. No bookings

On 5th December 2007 - no rating submitted