Beer of the Week (w/e 24th May 2020) with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

W1
W1F 8QG

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Kings Arms

One of the many gay bars in and around Soho, but during the day it probably gets a fair amount of general passing trade until it livens-up later on. Anyway, the bar area has the usual dark-wood interior to be found in most semi-traditional London pubs, with only a low stage by the front windows hinting at the entertainment. Just London Pride (£4.45) available from one of a pair of handpumps, with a reversed Doom Bar clip on the other.

On 2nd January 2020 - rating: 6

Graham Coombs left this review about The Kings Arms

A long-standing gay bar just off Oxford Street, with a rather dark, bare feel. The only draught ales were London Pride and Doom Bar and condition was not good. There are some great gay pubs in London: this isn't one of them.

On 17th March 2019 - rating: 5

john gray left this review about The Kings Arms

Scruffy sort of pub that suffer from lack of daylight.Decent Sharps -atlantic and hobgoblin on cask.

On 11th February 2016 - rating: 5

Mark Davey left this review about The Kings Arms

As with the previous review, a group of four of us unknowingly wandered into the Kings Arms in search of a decent pint on New years Day, after declaring that we should try a pub that we had never been in before.

It wasn't until we were half way down our pints of Sharps Atlantic that my wife declared that she was the only woman in the pub.

Sure enough, the place was heavily populated by larger gents with beards, who seemed to be settled in pairs around the place. On researching the pub after we had left, we were not surprised to find that the place specializes in entertaining "Bears" hence the clientele. Gay pubs don't bother me and neither did this one. Decent beer, reasonable décor and friendly staff did nothing to put me off finishing my pint, neither did the abundance of mistletoe hanging from the ceiling.

Probably won't call again, not really my scene.

On 4th January 2016 - rating: 6

Roger Button left this review about The Kings Arms

I unwittingly walked in with a friend to discover it was a gay pub and whilst this would not generally concern me, I did find the Kings Arms quite uncomfortable, probably as it had an all male customer base and there were some decidedly shady looking characters among them. The pub itself is fine, a bit dark but not in any way tacky. Sevice was prompt, beer was decent enough (just London Pride if I recall) and there was a good mix of music. If gay pubs are your thing then I guess you could do a lot worse.

On 2nd February 2006 - rating: 3