Train Company Special Offers and General Rail Travel Discussion with NickDavies on the Pub Forum

The Harcourt, Marylebone, W1

32 Harcourt Street
W1
W1H 4HX
Phone: 02077236634

custodian 42 left this review about The Harcourt

Strange place with most of the ales kept in the basement. I had a 5.4% ABV Pale Ale which was OK, but I wasn't taken with this pub.

On 28th February 2018 - rating: 4

hondo . left this review about The Harcourt

Tucked away in a side street a Swedish pub serving real ale,"craft keg" and continental keg. Food served. Interior as described below.

On 2nd November 2014 - no rating submitted

Rex Rattus left this review about The Harcourt Arms

This is still a Swedish themed pub, housed in a Grade II listed building dating back to the early 19th Century. The Swedish Embassy, and a Swedish church, are nearby thus explaining the Swedish connection. At the back on the right is a lounge signed as “Svenska Salongen” (Swedish lounge), bunting style flags encouraging us to support “Swengland” are strung across the room, and a faux chalkboard informs us that “Swedish sports here”.

But they did have a couple of ales on that have no connection with Sweden – Doom Bar and Adnam’s Ghost Ship (£2 a half). Laminated menus were on all the tables, offering light bites (wraps and sandwiches) for £4.50, and four basic main meals – e.g. homemade beefburger and chips for £9.75.
I quite liked the pub itself. Despite the Swedish stuff, it still felt like a traditional pub. The room is dominated by the central horseshoe bar, which would once have served two separate rooms. The bar counter itself looks to me to be a pretty ancient, if not original, feature, as does the wood panelling on the walls. As well as the Swedish stuff, there are a couple of very nice brewery and drinks manufacturers’ mirrors on the walls, and a couple of original looking fireplaces grace each side of the room. The main bar is nicely carpeted throughout, and apart from one tall table with its attendant tall stools filling a bit of space in the middle of the floor, furnishings are banquettes and normal tables and chairs. The only negative point for me was the music radio station being played, although admittedly not to loudly.

I thought this was a very comfortable and welcoming little pub, and I would be very happy to drop in here for another pint sometime.

On 21st October 2013 - rating: 6

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Harcourt Arms

Attractive traditional 'U'-shaped bar, with dark furniture. Swedish decor and football on TV, with the small yellow-painted back room almost a shrine to all things Sweden. Upstairs lounge (not visited). Low patio beer garden under umbrellas to the rear. Two tables out front. Three handpumps, with Pride, Doom Bar and Adnams Ghost Ship (£3.90) available. (NB - Review dates to July 2012.)

On 16th February 2013 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about The Harcourt Arms

This seems to be the place to go for the Scandinavian contingent in the capital and especially the Swedes who can enjoy there nations sporting excellence on the couple of plasma screens. The two barmen seemed nice enough and there was a lot of chat with the few locals that were present on my quiet weeknight visit, but I couldn’t understand a word of it as I’m not from Halland or its environs.

There was a standard draught selection from which I enjoyed a nice pint of Guinness and there were also two ale offerings of Pride and Brakspear.

This is a well kept pub and I enjoyed my pint and I would pop in again if passing during the day.

On 11th February 2010 - rating: 6