Pubs Old & New with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Pub Type

Greene King

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

custodian 42 left this review about City Of Quebec

Long pub with bar to the left. Four hand pumps - all Greene King. Bit gloomy despite all the lights. Opaque windows on the right did not help either.

On 16th July 2018 - rating: 4

Rex Rattus left this review about City Of Quebec

This is a fairly ordinary pub. It’s a narrow fronted place, but as is often the case with such places, it goes back a long way. There are tall tables/tall stools at the front; with more on the right facing the bar counter along the left hand wall; with some normal tables and chairs in a carpeted area at the back. There’s also some parquet flooring, plus two parallel and massive white-painted ducts running along the length of the room. No doubt they’re serving some useful purpose. There’s some ouside seating in Old Quebec St, which is actually little more than an alleyway.

It must be a Greene King pub, although I saw no obvious branding, as they had on GK IPA; Abbot Ale; London Glory; and some sort of GK Octoberfest beer called Oompah (£2.10 a half). A ghastly name for a miserable beer. But maybe it just wasn’t in good condition, but as I had never had it before I didn’t know what it was supposed to taste like. I saw a very minimalist menu offering sarnies at around £7 - £8 a pop.

I didn’t take to this place, and as I’m not a great fan of Greene King beers I’m not likely to pay a return visit.

On 20th November 2016 - rating: 4

Ian Mapp left this review about City Of Quebec

I had no idea. Blindly followed the Cask Marque App in. Got a tick.

Not my sort of place. The beer was terrible.

On 23rd September 2016 - rating: 4

john gray left this review about City Of Quebec

Busy little pub with karaoke on.Rocking Rudolf and gk -ipa on handpump.

On 21st December 2013 - rating: 6

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about City Of Quebec

As one of the closest pubs to the Marble Arch entrance to Hyde Park, this well-known gay pub gains an influx of a different clientele before major music events. The long, thin interior was a bit more traditional than I expected although there were some modern features such as the bar back and elements of the decor. Various evening entertainments advertised in the lower bar. Two Greene King ales available from handpump: IPA and London Glory (£3.60, but served in a plastic glass). (NB - Review dates from July 2012.)

On 16th February 2013 - rating: 5

Steve C left this review about City Of Quebec

This is a gay pub for older men, which I didn't spot until I was sitting on my own by the gents writing my little notes in my phone. As I was leaving I spotted a standard draught selection alongside Peroni and there was a plasma screen showing Sky News, which was muted for the decent background music.

The barmaid was friendly enough and there was nothing wrong with my Guinness, but I'll not be returning.

On 29th September 2009 - rating: 4

claira vasquez left this review about City Of Quebec

Lovely, friendly gay pub just off Oxford Street. Has live piano music on a Thursday and a disco at weekends. Good beer and nice, friendly bar-staff. Great night out.

On 11th May 2007 - rating: 8