Beer of the Week (w/e 15th September 2019) with Bucking Fastard on the Pub Forum

The Steamer, Fleetwood Town Centre, Fleetwood

Queens Terrace
Fleetwood
FY7 6BT

Al Bundy left this review about The Steamer

This large corner pub isn't too bad. Quiet on this afternoon visit. A couple of real ales available.

On 11th September 2015 - rating: 6

ROB Camra left this review about The Steamer

Called in again and there was a live band blasting out Beatles covers etc. I had a pint of a Caledonian beer whose name escapes me. Sadly there was a group of intimidating low life boneheads in the pub making a real racket. We had a quick one and left, get rid of the dipsticks please.

11/02/2013
After giving this place a miss last year we called in again. 4 beers on this time all from Caledonian. My pints of Over The Bar & EPA were both in decent nick and the other half says her red wine was fine. I'm not sure where this pub is going now, it's obviously not the real ale destination it once was, but it seems to be doing OK.

14/02/2011
Called in again after this years festival. Very quiet and a very poor selection of beers. I had to have a Bombardier it was that poor a selection. It was a decent pint though. Why not try stocking some interesting beers guys?

26/02/10
Called in on Saturday after the beer festival. This is a popular pub that has live music on Saturdays. It's a one roomer now, but it has several distinct areas. Has a very badly designed bar that has wooden pillars every 4 feet or so which makes seeing what beer is on pretty difficult. 6 handpumps but only 4 beers on Saturday, all from the nationals. I had a couple of pints of something, I don't remember what they were as they weren't very interesting, but they were both well kept. One unusual feature is a full size snooker table. It's not really my sort of pub this, but it does what it does very well and in Fleetwood I suppose it's a bit of a gem.

On 23rd February 2014 - rating: 5

Peter Rydings left this review about The Steamer

was once a very busy pub but was very quiet no one in mid afternoon had to wait for land lady to finish on laptop got two pints of hand pull not very good she just about threw them at us to get back to her lap top long time before we call back

On 26th January 2014 - no rating submitted

Sam Millar left this review about The Steamer

This large one room pub is situated just across from the famous "Fleetwood Market" and is convenient to both bus and tram stops. It's in CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2010 but I find the real ale can be a bit "hit or miss". Good value "basic" food served. Venue for the Fleetwood Folk Club which meets every Thursday.

On 26th February 2010 - rating: 6