Yet another list with Wittenden on the Pub Forum

160 Katherine Street
Ashton-Under-Lyne
OL6 7AE

Al Bundy left this review about The Beau Geste

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. No real ale. I assume its been done up since the last review but maybe I'm wrong.

On 22nd October 2015 - rating: 7

ROB Camra left this review about The Beau Geste

This pub is now a bit of a dump. It seriously needs a refurb, but I suspect it's not going to get it anytime soon. 2 rooms with some sad looking bloke murdering an Elvis song in the front room on the karaoke. At least I think it was karaoke, I wouldn't have paid him anyway. One girl serving behind the bar at 7 on a Friday evening and trying to cover both rooms, pathetic. No real ale, but strangely a real cider, Westons Old Rosie. My half of fizz was awful as is the rest of the pub.

On 26th August 2014 - rating: 2

Peter Rydings left this review about The Beau Geste

Called in on the 20th of Feb about 4pm just a couple its tiered and wants a refurb young lad behind the bar very chatty Evan if it was crap he was talking.
Will call back just for a laugh with him

On 21st February 2012 - rating: 5

tom lee left this review about The Beau Geste

good food and friendly staff most of he time, ample parking if you can beat the shoppers to a place lol

On 29th December 2009 - rating: 8

Alan Winfield left this review about The Beau Geste

The Beau Geste looks like a 70s built pub,the pub is situated in Ashtons main shopping area.
I did this pub at the start of a large crawl of Ashton Under Lyne,the pub was open before 11 am so it was quite handy for me to drop in for a quick half before starting my crawl.
Once inside there was a large and smart looking room,the room was carpeted and had comfy bench seating and normal tables and chairs.
The pub was a Bass tied house at the time of my visit,there were no real ales on the bar,i had a drink of keg Bass Special which was a pretty poor drink.

Pub visited 1/11/1996