Random news of the day with RealAleRobUK on the Pub Forum

Commonside
Keston
BR2 6BP

Karen Stapleton left this review about The Greyhound

I have had the worst meal I have had in over 20 years in the greyhound today-absolutely the pits
The bill for our family Sunday lunch came to almost £250 and we all said the food was so bad we would never eat there again
What a shame - the greyhound used to do good proper Sunday roasts and pub food-to pretty decent standard
My beef Guinness and Stilton pie was absolutely disgusting
It was mince beef withs couple of sliced carrots anda pastry top absolutely horrific!!
My daughter ordered a vegetarian nut roast and was subjected to abuse from behind the bar when the wrong meal came up!
Sorry greyhound - you have lost customers today
The fox from now on!!!!

On 1st December 2013 - rating: 1

Pub SignMan left this review about The Greyhound

This large L-shaped pub is situated opposite a nice open part of Hayes Common, just a short detour from the busy A232 road.
Six hand pumps demonstrated a commitment to providing a decent real ale selection, with Harvey’s Best, TT Landlord, Directors, Adnams Best and Abbot Ale all available with the Harvey’s in particular in good shape.
Three TV screens were showing the football with the commentary turned down to an unobtrusive level. The locals watching the game were well behaved and managed to celebrate seven Chelsea goals without being disruptive to the diverse range of customers.
A good menu was available and several specials complimented this. I had the roast lamb, which was excellent at £8, although prices for some of the dishes did seem a little high.
Certainly worth a look and although the ale choices were a little drab on my visit, pump clips behind the bar suggested plenty of interesting guests had been on in the past.

On 29th April 2010 - rating: 6