Beer of the Week (w/e 29th November 2020) with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Ship Inn, Gravesend

14 The Street
Cobham
Postal town: Gravesend
DA12 3BN

Pub Type

John Barras (Spirit Pubs)

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 3 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Ian Mapp left this review about The Ship Inn

More Greene King type beers - saw the London Glory and having had a shocking pint at the Leather Bottle thought long and hard about whether to stay. The massive laminated menus made up my mind.

Visit blogged at http://bit.ly/2oqfX8f

On 16th December 2017 - rating: 2

Nick Johnstone left this review about The Ship Inn

The worst of the three in the village by far. Pretentious American style staff.Was greeted with "Hi Guys", no place for that in an English village tavern.

On 3rd March 2011 - rating: 2

Bob Watts left this review about The Ship Inn

DOG OWNERS BEWARE! In spite of there being no sign at the door this mediocre, down-market pub does not admit dogs. Instead of a polite word in my ear I got a screaming scotsman telling me that "Nay dogs are allowed in the bar". I explained that it was my intention to buy a drink and drink it in the garden, he still wanted the dog removed immediately. Luckily I hadn't paid for the drink that I had ordered so I left. Why is it too much trouble to put up a polite sign? Nation of dog-lovers? What a joke. Dog owners stay away.

On 15th September 2010 - rating: 1

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Ship Inn

Smart village pub, with about five handpumps but only Spitfire and Courage Best "always available" according to the blackboard (and the Best had just gone). However, my pint of Spitfire was very good.

On 7th March 2010 - rating: 6