How Will Pubs Open? with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Pub Type

Punch Taverns

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Two Sawyers

Side-street pub just east of the city centre that has somehow previously escaped my attention on many previous visits to Canterbury. Anyway, the interior proved to be a bit larger than I was expected because it extends back some way from the narrow frontage and features various small seating / dining areas (although the bar area itself is a bit cramped). Weetwood Old Dog (£4.40) and Wainwright were being dispensed from two of the three handpumps, with Sharps Atlantic coming next by the look of things.

On 30th July 2020 - rating: 6

Will Larter left this review about Two Sawyers

I was greeted by the yapping of a very small dog when I entered this back street local. The landlord confided that many people think it's his dog because the owner spends so much time in the pub; in which case shouldn't the dog have been taught to stop the bloody yapping? Anyway, dog aside, this is quite a pleasant pub, with bare floorboards and exposed brickwork on the walls. Three hand pumps on the bar with beers from Brighton, Norfolk and Exeter. I went for the Woodforde Nelsons Revenge, which was a little tired and more than a little expensive at £2.20 for a half.

On 12th May 2019 - rating: 6

Ian Mapp left this review about Two Sawyers

Working our way into the City along the back streets and we stumbled on this inviting inn, prompting a chance to get out the rain.

Very smart exterior and interior. Mainly setup for dining but with some seats around the bar and in the front windows. A battle to get through the bar hounds, who were friendly enough.

Three or four real ales on but I was surprised to see TT Ram Tam - very rare to see a mild anyway, but a TT one outside of Yorkshire.

It was decent enough.