Pubs Galore crawls 2020 with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Pub Type

Punch Taverns

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 9 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Ann Palmer left this review about Cinque Ports

Ate here recently......what can I say, it was the most expensive dinner the dog has ever eaten! It was disgusting and stupidly we did not complain, I wanted to but hubbie didn't!
The steak was so tough it was inedible, tasted freezer burnt and was actually crispy on the outside as though it had been deep fried. The beer battered onion rings were burnt and the mushrooms oozed oil when bitten into.....chips well it is really difficult to ruin them but they managed to!
The battered cod looked like a piece of plastic toy food and was also obviously freezer burnt. A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY we would have been better with a burger and chips!

On 27th May 2012 - no rating submitted

Steve C left this review about Cinque Ports

The Cinque Ports was the busiest pub that I came across during a walk around Seaford on Monday afternoon and all of the locals in attendance seemed to be friendly enough. It is an L-shaped pub with plasma screens for showing Sky Sports and there are also two dartboards. There is a fireplace that was not in use, but it was loaded up with wood and ready to go. There was also a friendly dog walking around like he owned the place so maybe it was the pub dog, but I’m not sure. The bar supports five hand pumps that were drawing Ordinary, Gales HSB, Ringwoods Fortyniner, Harveys Best and Hobgoblin. There is also a standard draught selection and the Guinness was on good form served by a friendly woman from behind the bar. I didn’t see anyone eating, but cheap food including 12” pizza for £6 is available at lunchtimes and in the evenings everyday except for Sundays when the kitchen is open from midday and 16:00. Around to the left of the bar is a back room that houses yet another dartboard so I imagine that this place has a couple of dart teams.

I’m not sure if there is any outside seating at the rear of the pub, but there is a covered smoking shelter to the side that keeps the smokers off the street. I also spotted a few awards that had been given by the Seaford in Bloom team for the hanging baskets, which were obviously missing during my visit as it is February.

I liked it in here and would have no problem returning.

On 10th February 2011 - rating: 8

Nick Patching left this review about Cinque Ports

Get down to this great pub on September 11th to see SHAKEDOWN knock out those great R&B tunes the way only SHAKEDOWN know how to.!!

On 31st August 2010 - rating: 10