Random news of the day with hondo on the Pub Forum

The Thoroughbred Inn, Polegate

6A Grand Parade
Polegate
BN26 5HG

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Thoroughbred Inn

The Thoroughbred is a quirky pub at the end of a parade of shops on the edge of Polegate. It wasn’t that busy when I visited on Thursday night a couple of weeks ago, but there was a reasonable atmosphere with locals chatting at the bar and a few more playing pool. There is a jukebox and a few old favourites of mine were punched in by the early twenties crowd, but it was sometimes difficult to hear over the barking of the three dogs in attendance. Talking of the dogs, there is a small but pleasant area out the back, but a few canine deposits kind of let the side down. I found the barmaid to be very friendly and the Guinness was well served. There is not much choice in the draught department as along with the Guinness only Stella, Carling, Strongbow and Magners are available, but two of the four hand pumps were working and they were drawing Hammerpot’s Meteor and Woodcote Bitter.

I got the feeling that this place is maybe a shop conversion as the bar looks like it came out of a box, but I liked it in here as the welcome was friendly and I soon made myself at home. I wouldn’t go out of my way to visit here again, but I’d certainly pop in for a pint if passing.

On 21st December 2010 - rating: 7