Bottled Beer Bargain Alert with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

39 South Street
Eastbourne
BN21 4UP

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Dew Drop Inn

Quite unassuming-looking Greene King pub with dark green paintwork on the façade and some faux-Tudor woodwork above, but the two-part interior is quite traditional and rather more inviting. Also has a single-storey rear extension and a slightly raised patio terrace at the back. Four handpumps on each part of the central counter, with the combined offering being Olde Trip (£4.25), Abbot Reserve, 6X and Landlord as guests and Old Rosie cider.

On 23rd December 2018 - rating: 7

Danny O'Revey left this review about Dew Drop Inn

Greene King pub thats rather gothic though with traditional wood floors, some sofas, chunky tables & chairs and a cave like drinking area to one side. Pictures show various body parts, there are some plants & its all a little ecclectic.

Nice beer

On 29th October 2014 - rating: 8

Quinno _ left this review about The Dewdrop Inn

A Greene King-branded pub made me think I was chancing my arm a bit as the last pub of the Eastbourne crawl but I was thoroughly surprised by the result. Roosters Yankee, Greene King Olde Trip, Tetley Bitter and Hogs Back TEA were on, with Moorhouse Pendle turned. We tried three of them and were pleased with the quality; indeed the Roosters was my best pint of the day and I’d had a few decent ones by then. Staff behind the bar were friendly and knowledgeable. This should be a bit of a local CAMRA hang-out as there’s a 10% discount for card-carrying members. Clientele were mixed but tended towards the younger, trendier side. The interior had a number of comfy chairs and what I fancied as a real fire. Some interesting tunes were coming out of the speakers, which made a nice change to the usual dross. We ended up in the garden, which was enjoyable without being particularly comfortable.

This was my standout pub in Eastbourne and I’d be making sure to give myself more drinking in here next time I’m down.

On 24th August 2011 - rating: 8

Steve C left this review about The Dewdrop Inn

I visited here with the wife on Saturday night and found a different pub to my last visit over two years ago. Italian food is still served in the form of Panini and pizza, but the clientele was much younger and the music (heavy on the bass with a reggae twist) was supplied by a DJ and louder. Granted my previous visit was during a weekday afternoon, but I do not recall seeing any heavy metal nights advertised then as they are now. The ale selection has been improved as Old Hooky, GCB (Good Cheer Beer) and a Brewdog ale were available alongside Old Speckled Hen.

The service was slow as the barmaid was very chatty to the regulars and the barman was ‘eyes down’ and some of the other customers could do with some lessons in manners, but on the whole I had a decent evening and would return to this pub.

----------------------------------------------

11th August 2008

This is a nice pub with a big U-shaped bar serving up Olde Trip, Old Speckled Hen, GK IPA and a few premium lagers. The bar maid was very friendly and the Olde Trip was extremely good. The food smelt good and the couple eating it a few tables away from me in the nice courtyard out back seemed to be enjoying it.

I didn't spot any TVs anywhere and there was no sport advertised, but there was some funky background music playing.

The misses and I enjoyed it in here and would definitely go back.

On 15th November 2010 - rating: 7

train man left this review about Dew Drop Inn

Three handpumps incl St Austell Tribute. Good value lunchtime specials board (£5-£6), nice little sun-trap beer garden with growing vine. Short visit, but I liked the place.

On 29th July 2007 - no rating submitted