Pubs Galore 10th Anniversary Crawl with oldboots on the Pub Forum

Brighton
BN1 1AD

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

peter ashworth left this review about The Walrus

Formerly the Smugglers this 200 year old pub recently opened after a refurb in May after a lengthy closure.This is a deceptively large pub with plenty of antiquities,oddments and other miscellany scattered around plus plenty of space and seating to be had.
There were 5 cask beers to go at on my Wednesday evening visit and quite enjoyed my brief stop off here.
Upstairs a restaurant operates but I did not venture up there. Worth a visit

On 12th June 2017 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2112 recommendations about 2076 pubs]

peter ashworth left this review about Smugglers Bar

Now open again and called The Walrus

On 9th June 2017 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2112 recommendations about 2076 pubs]

Steve C left this review about Smugglers Bar

First and foremost the Smugglers is a sports bar with many screens for showing Sky Sports and split between two levels at the rear there are six pool tables, table football and a bar billiards table. I didn’t see any dartboards, which was a bit of a let down! The long bar along the left hand wall is stocked with standard draught products and I have to admit that I have received better pints of Guinness from more cheerful barmen. Cheap pub grub is served and the toilets are quite a trek downstairs.

This is a sports bar so don’t expect to find a cosy corner to read a book. I suppose that it serves its purpose, but I think that there are better places in the area to watch the match.

On 28th October 2011 - rating: 4

Clive Thompson left this review about Smugglers Bar

Not many in when I visited on a Monday night. I suspect it livens up when there is live sport on. As well as a plethora of TV's they also had a couple of Wii consoles.

On 27th January 2010 - rating: 4