Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Patcham
Postal town: Brighton
BN1 8RA

Pub Type

Star Pubs & Bars (Heineken)

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 3 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Ladies Mile

The Ladies Mile is a large pub with a few picnic tables out the front in between two parking areas. To the right is a separate function room that was hosting a private party and there was also a fiftieth birthday party going on inside the pub when I visited last night (Saturday). The disco for this party was in the right hand side of the bar and it was so busy with revellers that I didn’t get to have a nose around this area. The bar is located in the centre of the pub where a standard draught selection is available and the three hand pumps were drawing Spitfire (x2) and Harvey’s Best. To the left of the bar is another area that houses a dartboard and pool table that were being used by some very drunk and rowdy twenty-somethings. There are plasma screens and Sky Sports is advertised alongside random events like a quiz and live music nights that take place throughout the month. Food is advertised, but I didn’t see any menus during my late visit as the kitchen was obviously closed.
There is an advertised beer garden and children’s play fort out the back which I didn’t visit.
On the face of it this is a decent local pub and the barmaid that eventually served me was friendly and polite. Unfortunately this was after I was made to feel quite unwelcome by a young lady behind the jump who chose to blatantly ignore my presence in favour of chatting to some young men. She even looked me in the eye and walked off rather than serve which was unacceptable, especially as she seemed to be the more senior of the people on shift.

I can’t abide rudeness and my rating reflects this.

On 9th April 2012 - rating: 3