Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Reviews of The Clay Pipe Inn (Average Rating: 7 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Pub SignMan left this review about The Clay Pipe Inn
I'd never really bothered with this pub in the past, having assumed it would always be packed full of tourists from the various caravan parks that surround it, but having heard good things about the food, we decided to give their Sunday roast a try.
The food appears to be the star of the show. There was a typical pub menu, with specials on the blackboards and a fantastic carvery for the Sunday roast. The food we tried was fantastic and pretty good value for money as well. Given that it was a lovely day, we ate outside, where there are plenty of benches scattered amongst the trees and rhododendron bushes.
There were two ales available - Ringwood Best and Fortyniner, the former in good shape and the latter on offer at just £2.60 a pint. The barman was very welcoming and all of the staff seemed very friendly and personable.
The building only dates back to the late 80's or so, but it's been built in something of a traditional, rural pub style which helps give the place a bit of character that might not be expected from viewing the exterior. In keeping with the pub's name, there are a large number of clay pipes attached to the beams, but aside from that, there isn't a great deal of interest on display.
An enjoyable afternoon and should you find yourselves staying in one of the nearby caravan parks, this place is well worth a visit and certainly preferable over a trip to nearby Sandford.
On 23rd June 2010
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1393 recommendations about 1393 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Car Park : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 23 June 2010 by Old Blue
- Micropub : No last updated 21 June 2015 by Pub SignMan
- Pinball : No last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Pool Table : No last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Real Ale : Yes - Ringwood - last updated 23 June 2010 by Old Blue
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
Last inspected: January 21st 2015