Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by E TA
Submitted on Tuesday, 4th August 2015
With picture contributions to 463 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (1 more image)
Reviews of The Clay Pipe Inn (Average Rating: 6½ of 10) see review guidelines
E TA left this review about The Clay Pipe Inn
A modern single story pub surrounded by caravan sites and holiday flats, with a large car park, part of the Sizzling Pub chain. There is a big garden which contains a children’s adventure playground, a barbecue area and various seating arrangements. (Inside, there are two main bar areas, each with a stone-faced counter, although only the main one was operating. Both have well-worn red carpets, and there is another annex room off to one side. The décor is battered, and some of the fake wall timbers are falling off. There are gaming machines, Sky Sports and WiFi in operation. The pub is dog friendly, the dogs better behaved than some of the many children running around inside. Food is of the standard mass-produced reheated variety. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Two ales on, Ringwood Best and Doombar, both over-gassed but quite potable. It has the feel of a down-market holiday venue, but it’s actually better than that, and I wouldn’t mind popping in for a swift pint when passing.
On 11th October 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 1591 recommendations about 1578 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Pub SignMan left this review about The Clay Pipe Inn
I'd never really bothered with this pub in the past, having assumed it would always be packed full of tourists from the various caravan parks that surround it, but having heard good things about the food, we decided to give their Sunday roast a try.
The food appears to be the star of the show. There was a typical pub menu, with specials on the blackboards and a fantastic carvery for the Sunday roast. The food we tried was fantastic and pretty good value for money as well. Given that it was a lovely day, we ate outside, where there are plenty of benches scattered amongst the trees and rhododendron bushes.
There were two ales available - Ringwood Best and Fortyniner, the former in good shape and the latter on offer at just £2.60 a pint. The barman was very welcoming and all of the staff seemed very friendly and personable.
The building only dates back to the late 80's or so, but it's been built in something of a traditional, rural pub style which helps give the place a bit of character that might not be expected from viewing the exterior. In keeping with the pub's name, there are a large number of clay pipes attached to the beams, but aside from that, there isn't a great deal of interest on display.
An enjoyable afternoon and should you find yourselves staying in one of the nearby caravan parks, this place is well worth a visit and certainly preferable over a trip to nearby Sandford.
On 23rd June 2010
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1693 recommendations about 1693 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Car Park : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Darts : Yes last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 23 June 2010 by Old Blue
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Micropub : No last updated 21 June 2015 by Pub SignMan
- Pinball : No last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Pool Table : No last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Real Ale : Yes - Ringwood and Doombar - last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Real Cider : No last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 10 October 2013 by Pub SignMan
- WiFi : Yes last updated 04 August 2015 by E TA
Last inspected: January 21st 2015