Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Sunday, 9th October 2011
With picture contributions to 11324 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures
Social Media Let your friends know about this pub
Local Transport show 27 more transport points
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
peter ashworth left this review about The Brown Bear Hotel
CLOSED Salford pub,with records dating back to 1766 that was originally on the edge of town,with New Bailey Street and the bridge over the Irwell had yet to be built.The pub has also been called in times gone by as The Pyde Bull and The Red Bull and in later times The Salford Tavern.In the 1950's the Brown Bull was owned by Taylors Eagle Brewery and the company's Eagle trademark could be seen in the etched windows until the 1980's.The pub closed in 1993 and in 2000,the building was refit and reopened as The Copperheads Hotel Reputedly Phil Lynott's Gold disc album Johnny The Fox was hung from one of the walls.
On 9th October 2011
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 1211 recommendations about 1197 pubs]
No known links relating to the pub.