Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Real Ale Ray
Submitted on Sunday, 16th March 2014
With picture contributions to 341 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (12 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of The Hop Vine (Average Rating: 7½ of 10) see review guidelines
Al Bundy left this review about The Hop Vine
I like real ale and this pub is for you. However some real ale drinkers take it far too serious and can bore you rigid prattling on and on about it. Got collared by one of em in here.
On 20th January 2015
- rating: 8
[User has posted 539 recommendations about 515 pubs]
Real Ale Ray left this review about The Hop Vine
We got a very good welcome when visiting here, a friendly smile from the barmaid and a hello does go a long way. The pub was also well staffed, so ordering our beers was no problem. I found the interior to be tastefully decorated, with that homely sort of feel about it.
We did notice a good few tables set out for dining, the bar area was pretty clear so we did a bit of vertical drinking there. 8 ales on handpump, we went for the Burscough Mere Blond, Copper Dragon, West Coast Pale and the Stamps Brewery Marilyn Monroe. We too were heading to Wigan from Southport, so I do recommend a break in your journey to visit here, well worth it.
On 22nd February 2014
- rating: 8
[User has posted 1337 recommendations about 1337 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
ROB Camra left this review about The Hop Vine
Multi roomed pub which has been recently refurbished. It's very food led and most of the rooms are set up for dining although there's still a few tables available for drinkers. There's a cobbled yard to the rear which is where Burscough brewery brews its beers. There's lots of wood panelling and the floor is tiled. The walls are covered with old photos and maps and there are lots of old beer bottles on ledges. There are 8 (I think) handpumps which were all serving Burscough beers apart from 2 which had guest beers on them. I had come here as a destination pub with 4 others and was slightly underwhelmed by the pub to be honest. The beers were all in good condition but not absolutely brilliant and the Burscough beers themselves I have always found to be average. My companions were of the same opinion, so we didn't stay here as long as we had planned and had a pub crawl through Burscough and caught an earlier train to sample the delights of Wigan. So, to sum up, it's a good pub, but aimed at foodies and the beer is good rather than excellent.
On 4th September 2013
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1720 recommendations about 1673 pubs]
View more reviews of The Hop Vine (4)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of the Hop Vine, contains menu and beer details - www.thehopvine.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Beer Festivals : Yes - Two per year - last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Karaoke : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Live Music : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Pinball : No last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 04 September 2013 by ROB Camra