Wellington and stations towards Wolverhampton with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

58 High Street
Alfreton
DE55 7BE

Tweets by The King Alfred
View the full twitter feed for the farm

Reviews of The King Alfred (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The King Alfred

Although there was an impressive choice of beers, with two or three that I hadn't come across before as well as some usual suspects such as Doom Bar and Pale Rider, this is not my sort of pub at all, with internal walls having been removed to give a large Wetherspoons-like area and an impersonal atmosphere far removed from a "real" pub. Beer was around £2.60 a pint, which compares unfavourably with most pubs around here that I tried.

On 15th September 2012 - rating: 6

Nay Belline left this review about The King Alfred

Ordered some food here and I would definitely say it was well below par. Ordered mushroom and Stilton. it wasn't what I expected it to be, I got lots of little mushrooms with a very hot peppercorn sauce over the top which was really garlicky, overly powering! all this was on top of Garlic bread slice. it wasn't very nice at all. I ordered for my main. Peppered chicken with penne pasta. Which came out as pasta with bits of chicken in it. with the same exact sauce I had as my starter, I was very disappointed and I complained about it and was never offered an alternative or an apology. I also ordered my daughters Steak to be well done, which came out pink.

On 10th February 2012 - rating: 3

Peter Rydings left this review about The King Alfred

Went in on Tuesday the 5th of July its been three years since we last went in its just the same but its now very clean the manager made us welcome we had a good chat we told him we were also pub managers It was quiet like every were was he said there is only weekend trade which is sad for a town center but will call in next time we are in the area

On 6th July 2011 - rating: 10

View more reviews of The King Alfred (4)

Pub Web Links

Picture submitted by Will Larter approved

• Accommodation : No last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Beer Festivals : No last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Beer Garden : No last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • CAMRA Discount : Yes - 15p per pint Derby Drinker February 2017 - last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Car Park : Yes last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Child Friendly : Yes last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Hot Food : Yes last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Live Music : No - But there is a DJ at weekends from 7:30 - last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra
  • Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 16 February 2017 by ROB Camra