Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Graham Mason
Submitted on Monday, 22nd September 2014
With picture contributions to 11016 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (4 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of Draft House (Average Rating: 5½ of 10) see review guidelines
moby duck left this review about Draft House
More bar than pub I would say,lively on my Saturday afternoon visit, particularly with the young set and as such I am as much in the dark as Malden Man below regarding the statements on the wall. Three pumps as mentioned with two from Sambrookes and the days £2.75 beer was Siren Craft- Undercurrent and was the best beer of some very good beer enjoyed on this day, however I wasn't aware of the pricing structure until after ordering so myself and drinking companion went for a half each of the Siren beer and and charged £2.00 each with no mention of the discount on a pint of the same, so be warned.Like Malden Man this is also not really my cuppa but given the quality of beer tasted would possibly look in again.
On 1st March 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 306 recommendations about 298 pubs]
Malden man left this review about Draft House
Two rooms inside this fairly small corner pub, the rear looked to be purely for those eating, the front section has the bar to one side, boarded flooring, basic and non-too-comfortable seating solely at high lime green wooden stools set at the bar, a side shelf and a high table in the front window. Décor includes various music related items, album covers, old NME front pages, strange statements, "Yolk, Smoke, Poke", "Stamp out Bald Peaches"......I have no idea.
Despite the brad, the beer range, particularly the cask range, was rather low key, just three handpumps served Sambrook's Wandle, King's Brighton Blonde, and the firkin-noon offer, Welton's Pride and Joy. The offer is such that at noon each day a firkin is tapped and sold until gone at £2.75. Sounds good? This beer is 2.8%, so probably priced about right tax wise in my opinion. There are more keg options and an impressive fridge selection at the top end of the bar, out of curiosity I enquired about a 7.2% beer from Marble on keg but was put off by a price tag just short of £5+ for a half, stuff that.
No TV in here as far as I could see, some indiscernible music played, drowned by the loud conversation in a hard surfaced environment.
Outdoor café style pavement seating provides an overflow and probably a more comfortable seating option.
I felt it promised much but didn't really deliver, especially on the cask ale front. The location is on a rather pretentious trendy South London street, so this may be what the Bright Young Things want, but it wasn't my cuppa. There are obviously worse pubs but I felt a little let down.
On 15th October 2014
- rating: 5
[User has posted 1161 recommendations about 1147 pubs]
john gray left this review about Draft House
The high tables and chairs make it uncomfortable to sit and relax but they have outside seating.Good selection of beers.Rear bar area now seems to be for dining.Couple of handpumps with a very good Dancing Duck beer Dark Drake and I tried a keg from a new brewery Firebrand -Double rye pa.Superb and worth the high price this chain of pubs charges.
On 12th April 2014
- rating: 7
[User has posted 455 recommendations about 450 pubs]
View more reviews of Draft House (6)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official pages of the Draft House Northcote - www.drafthouse.co.uk
- Facebook - Draft House Northcote
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : No last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 50p per pint on a full price pint - last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Darts : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Jukebox : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Live Music : No last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Pinball : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Pool Table : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Pub SignMan
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Cider : No last updated 11 November 2014 by ROB Camra
Last inspected: January 9th 2014