Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by peter crosby
Submitted on Tuesday, 21st October 2008
With picture contributions to 1372 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (4 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of Rose & Crown (Average Rating: 10 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Margaret Oldham left this review about Rose & Crown
A lovely medieval pub, with great atmosphere, a very friendly staff, spotless loos, and a good range of beers - which sadly we were not able to sample as we were driving. In such an isolated spot we expected a menu of the "chicken in the basket" variety but were very surprised by an excellent range of food, quite moderately priced, and we were told that they have a chef who prepares all food on the premises. We had a very good meal in the pub garden and splendid puds. If there is a "good pub loo" award can we nominate this pub? We strongly recommend the Rose and Crown. It makes a good pitstop if you are following the A303 since it is only a few miles from Stonehenge. It's worth visiting just to see the new pub-sign - it's not the one shown on this website - but be quick, it's unlikely to be there for long! Don't judge the pub by its sign!
On 16th August 2011
- rating: 10
[User has posted 1 recommendations about 1 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of Rose & Crown - www.roseandcrowntilshead.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : Yes last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 25 November 2014 by ROB Camra