Chat about -

27 Havelock Road
Hastings
TN34 1BP

Local Transport show 16 more transport points

hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop

Bus Stop() Havelock Road

Reviews of The General Havelock (Average Rating: 2 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Havelock

The Havelock was empty apart from me and a couple of other blokes when I visited on Monday evening last week. That didn’t matter to the DJ though as he was cranking up the cheesy hits on his huge disco set up that takes up the rear of the pub. There is a disco on Friday and Saturday nights and every other night is karaoke, to be honest my idea of hell. The barmaid on duty was nice enough and the Guinness was passable, but the two hand pumps supported by the bar were both off. There is an advertised restaurant upstairs and the food seemed fairly priced, but I didn’t see anyone eating or eat myself so I don’t know how good it is. Like the Yates’s next door there is some café seating cordoned off from the pedestrianised street outside.

I will walk past next time I’m in the area.

On 22nd February 2011 - rating: 3

Manky Badger left this review about The Havelock

A while back I posted here that the place had no ales on. If that's the kind of pub they want to run, that's fine by me. But the sign outside said they did cask ales.
The same sign is still there, and still all you can get is euro-fizz. No ale, so why claim that they do it?

20 April 2007
I rate pubs on many things, but one of the things I consider important is their selection of ales of the pump.
Today( April 20th 2007) tyhis plae had nothing on hand pump.

On 3rd March 2010 - rating: 1

Pub Web Links

No known links relating to the pub.

Map location corrected by Steve C