Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
No current image posted for this pub
view older pictures (1 image)
Reviews of The Romper see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Oggwyn Great left this review about The Romper
Pub dating back around 450years now locked unceremoniously between Manchester Airports Cargo area and the maze of airport roads , it is handily just off the road to the exellent Runway visitor park .
The front of the pub is the older part with some ancient woodwork and a couple of old fire places , probally once a three room pub it is now open plan but with a few seperate areas , there is a large extension on the back which is similar to the front of the pub . Out the front is a small patio area with a much larger beer garden around the back .
The pub is Chef and Brewer branded so very food led , very busy on my visit the unseasonly sunny weather seems to have caught them out , beer garden packed and a long wait for service due to a lack of staff .
Usual kep taps plus three handpulls Bombadier , GK IPA and Marstons Single Hop which was pretty good .
Its OK in here , though probally better to visit when a bit quieter .
On 24th March 2012
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 640 recommendations about 558 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 23 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 11 August 2013 by Oggwyn Great
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 10% - last updated 12 November 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : Yes last updated 11 August 2013 by Oggwyn Great
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 30 July 2013 by Alan Hurdle
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Real Cider : No last updated 23 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 23 June 2014 by ROB Camra
Last inspected: January 23rd 2017