Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Reviews of The Fur and Feathers (Average Rating: 3 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
JOHN CLARKE left this review about The Fur and Feathers
I popped into this oub, local to my daughter's cottage for a quick beer and sandwich after feeding her cats. It looks a dump from outside, but inside is very pleasant, newly decorated, and with a nice wooden floor and cosy fires. I asked for a beer, then a filled baguette. The bar maid said sorry we have no tables. I said I would eat at the bar. She then proceeded to register my order, which took ages and required advice from somewhere, as if I had asked for elephant's ears on toast! After half an hour the baguette had not arrived so I queried this with the waitress. 'It's coming', she said - no apology or anything words. After a another 10 minutes, a tiny half baked baguette arrives, sparsely filled with cheese, and with a little side salad. At £5.95, the most expensive cheese sandwich I have ever eaten!. The beer was poorly kept, and not fresh tasting. I believe this establishment is under recent new management, but they will have to do better than this to survive in this out of the way location. The main menu looked interesting, and reasonably priced, but I noticed the diners had to wait even longer than me to get served.
On 30th January 2011
- rating: 3
[User has posted 1 recommendations about 1 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of The Fur and Feathers, contains menu and wine list - www.franskitchen.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 5% - last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : Yes last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Cider : No last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 26 June 2014 by ROB Camra
Last inspected: August 31st 2016