Next PuG pub crawl(s) with Real Ale Ray on the Pub Forum

No image yet posted for this pub
No image yet posted for this pub, be the first.

The Fur and Feathers

Southrope
Herriard
Postal town: Basingstoke
RG25 2PN

Reviews of The Fur and Feathers (Average Rating: 3 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

JOHN CLARKE left this review about The Fur and Feathers

I popped into this oub, local to my daughter's cottage for a quick beer and sandwich after feeding her cats. It looks a dump from outside, but inside is very pleasant, newly decorated, and with a nice wooden floor and cosy fires. I asked for a beer, then a filled baguette. The bar maid said sorry we have no tables. I said I would eat at the bar. She then proceeded to register my order, which took ages and required advice from somewhere, as if I had asked for elephant's ears on toast! After half an hour the baguette had not arrived so I queried this with the waitress. 'It's coming', she said - no apology or anything words. After a another 10 minutes, a tiny half baked baguette arrives, sparsely filled with cheese, and with a little side salad. At £5.95, the most expensive cheese sandwich I have ever eaten!. The beer was poorly kept, and not fresh tasting. I believe this establishment is under recent new management, but they will have to do better than this to survive in this out of the way location. The main menu looked interesting, and reasonably priced, but I noticed the diners had to wait even longer than me to get served.

On 30th January 2011 - rating: 3

Pub Web Links

Map location is best guess
Pub location