Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Friday, 19th July 2013
With picture contributions to 18871 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (3 more images)
Reviews of The Midland Hotel (Average Rating: 6 of 10) see review guidelines
Will Larter left this review about The Midland Hotel
handy for the station, the Midland is well worth a visit in its own right. The pub has won awards from the local Camra branch, though on our visit there were only two real ales available. It seemed busy enough, but perhaps there's not much demand for real ale around here. The building has a light and airy feel, and has seemingly been spruced up fairly recently. Three hand pumps on the bar, with just Sunset and Zenith from Cross Bay Brewery. The beer was in excellent condition, and we spent a pleasant half hour before our train watching England v Wales on the telly.
Date of visit: 16th June 2016
On 26th July 2016
- rating: 6
[User has posted 1521 recommendations about 1470 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Alan Jewitt left this review about The Midland Hotel
22nd April 2011: This pub has now re-opened under new ownership.
On 22nd April 2011
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 1 recommendations about 1 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of the Midland Hotel - www.themidlandhotelappleby.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : Yes last updated 15 September 2016 by Will Larter
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - Discount amount not stated by Westmorland CAMRA - last updated 10 September 2014 by ROB Camra
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 15 September 2016 by Will Larter
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 26 July 2016 by Will Larter
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 26 July 2016 by Will Larter
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 09 May 2014 by Dave McNally
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 15 September 2016 by Will Larter
Last inspected: December 1st 2016