Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Carl Baker
Submitted on Saturday, 22nd September 2007
With picture contributions to 581 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (3 more images)
Reviews of The Shireland see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Soup Dragon left this review about The Shireland
This is a detached corner pub. It is actually quite difficult to date, as i can only pinpoint the pub, in its current form, to the early to mid-20th cent. The pub has more than a nod to the Georgian style, with its sash windows, keystones, moulded cornice and the Doric columned entrances. The remainer of the pub is in red brick. The interior is an open plan L-shaped room. This place tries everything. There is a raised area with sofas, a few tables around a serving hatch for Indian food (i ate here and it was fine), as well as booth seating off to the left, in a more lounge environment. The decor is cream and brown, with a white ceiling and cream patterned wallpaper in the lounge area. The bar has a couple of pool tables, dart board, table footy and a punchbag machine. TVs are on the walls, showing the footy - there was no music. There are a few things on the walls, but not a lot. The service was OK and the clientele mixed, but small. Beer; no real ale, just the usual keg stuff, with a decent enough M&B MILD. Happy enough to have popped in and eaten - nothing for the real ale fan.
On 12th August 2013
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 2951 recommendations about 2944 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 11 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 11 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Darts : Yes last updated 12 August 2013 by Old Blue
- Hot Food : Yes - Indian - last updated 12 August 2013 by Old Blue
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 12 August 2013 by Old Blue
- Pool Table : Yes last updated 12 August 2013 by Old Blue
- Real Ale : No last updated 12 August 2013 by Old Blue
- Real Cider : No last updated 11 June 2014 by ROB Camra