Chat about -
PuG Reviews - Appreciation Thread with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Image posted by Alexander Kapp
Submitted on Thursday, 31st January 2008
View all this pub's pictures (1 more image)

Buck Inn

Malham
Malham
Postal town: Skipton
BD23 4DA

Local Transport show 2 more transport points

hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop

Bus Stop(, ) The Buck Inn

Reviews of Buck Inn (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about Buck Inn

I went in the Hikers Bar, which is in the smaller building to the right of the main hotel. It's an L-shaped room, with a pool table in the shorter arm and the bar in the longer part, with tables and seating in front of it. The floor is stone flagged and the walls are plain, with various French adverts for coffee and aperitifs dotted randomly about.

On the bar are six hand pumps: two each from Timothy Taylor, Copper Dragon and Theakston. I had Copper Dragon Best Bitter, which is a reliable drink when in the Skipton area, and this was in good condition. There was some ghastly modern music playing at full volume just after I sat down, all synthesisers and distorted vocals, but this turned out to be just a random play from the juke box, and it was quiet again for 20 minutes after it had subsided.

The lounge bar in the main hotel is accessed through some doors to the left of the bar, but there is a notice on it warning hikers to remove their footwear and rucksacks, so I didn't venture through. Neither of the Malham pubs is worth the trip out here if it's just a drink you're after, but if you're in the area anyway why not pop in?

On 30th October 2012 - rating: 6

Dan Horsman left this review about Buck Inn

05/11/10
I arrived at the Buck Inn on Friday to discover that they were holding a steak night, which apparently they do every friday night and decided straight away what i was having for my dinner. The steaks were very reasonably priced especially considering all the trimmings i was given. I decided on the 20oz Sirloin ( i love a nice big steak ) and it came with chips onion rings tomatoes and mushrooms, a meal fit for a king! It was delicious, my girlfriend had the fish and chips, another huge meal, it was a shame to waste such nice food but there was just too much. We then enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine by the open fire before heading up to our room. The only quibble was a couple of lipstick stained glasses but there was no hesitation to swap them for a fresh glass and fresh wine.

Our room was nice, a deluxe double room with a four poster bed, very romantic, everything was clean and tidy and the jet shower was fantastic.

Breakfast the next morning lived up to the standards of the food the night before, a full yorkshire breakfast for me and my girlfriend had the eggs benedict, both were delicious. I wish we could have stayed another night, but unfortunately we had to check out. John and Sue gave us a nice goodbye and we said we'd be back again. We certainly will.

Fantastic Pub. Fantastic Food. Fantastic Staff.
A credit to John and Sue.

On 8th November 2010 - rating: 10

TERRY DALES left this review about Buck Inn

One of two pubs situated in a lovely little village.
Had a very tasty meal here one evening in November.
Good varied menu,had a tasty t bone steak,plus two pints of very good Copper Dragon.
Service was very good,good atmosphere,nice open fire.
Has a hikers bar, with tv,snooker table, and juke box.
Also has an outdoor patio for the summer months.
If walking to the pub at night like I did from the nearby Beck Hall Hotel (Lovely place to stay)take a torch as there is no street lighting.
Has 10 en suite bedrooms,single occupency £45 ,£30 in winter.
Great village local