Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Friday, 11th July 2014
With picture contributions to 18186 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (4 more images)
Reviews of Twenty Ten (Average Rating: 7 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Will Larter left this review about Twenty Ten
I was hoping to find this place open, as on a previous Sunday visit to Matlock we had found it closed at 5pm. That is still the case in winter, but the owner said that if there are people drinking at that time he wouldn't throw them out! There are three hand pumps on the bar, one serving the local Matlock Wold Farm Bitter End, a very interesting session beer with maltiness and plenty of earthy hops about it, the other beer being Amber Dambusters, another local ale. There were bottles of Wold Farm beers available too, and I took a couple with me (priced at £3.00) to enjoy at home. The Camra members discount @ £2.50 for a pint of real ale is a generous one, and I would now head for this in preference to my former favourite, the MoCa Bar across the road, on any future Matlock visits (assuming I get out of Stanley's Alehouse before this one closes, of course).
On 30th March 2015
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1458 recommendations about 1410 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - All pints of cask £2.50, halves £1.25 - last updated 11 July 2014 by ROB Camra
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 17 April 2014 by Alan Hurdle
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 17 April 2014 by Alan Hurdle
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 17 April 2014 by Alan Hurdle
- Live Music : Yes last updated 17 April 2014 by Alan Hurdle
- Pool Table : Yes last updated 30 March 2015 by Will Larter
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 17 April 2014 by Alan Hurdle
- Real Cider : No last updated 30 March 2015 by Will Larter
- WiFi : Yes last updated 17 April 2014 by Alan Hurdle
Last inspected: September 13th 2012