Chat about -
Gbg 2015 with Al 10000 on the Pub Forum

Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Saturday, 19th May 2007

Kings Head

2 Crouch End Hill
Crouch End
N8
N8 8AA

Pubs Tweets

The Kings Head The Kings Head TONIGHT is the GREAT Kings Head Pub quiz, starts at 8.30. #crouchend #quiz about 6 hours ago from Hootsuite
View the full twitter feed for The Kings Head
Local Transport show 12 more transport points

hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop

Bus Stop(, ) Edison Road (N8)

Reviews of Kings Head (Average Rating: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rex Rattus left this review about Kings Head

There were two ales on in here - Adnam's Rudolph Nose Best and Redemption Urban Dusk, with two further pumps unused, one with a Doom Bar Clip reversed. I just knew that I wouldn't get away with a half in here for less than £2 - and so it transpired, with my half of Rudolph Nose Best rockin' in at exactly £2. I wouldn't have been surprised had it been more.

It's had a makeover since the last time I wandered past last year. There was a young man standing in the bar who welcomed me like some sort of wannabe maitre d'; but it is nonetheless nice to be welcomed. All the walls are painted crimson and the tables all have a little sprig of flowers on them, and of course the obligatory large glass jars of nuts are behind the bar. Rather surprisingly there are no sofas, but there are some tall tables/tall stools as well as some banquettes and normal tables and chairs that look a bit like re-cycled dining room furniture. Nothing wrong with that of course. There was some pop music playing a bit too loudly for my taste, but I accept that I'm one of those strange peole who prefer it to be totally absent. But on the plus side there are no fruit machines or others of their ilk, and in fact I didn't see a TV although there may have been one tucked unobtrusively away somewhere.

They do hot food, with burgers in the £10 - £11.50 range, and other main meals the same sort of price. There are a couple of large vases with floral displays in them, and when I was in a chap came into the pub to change them over. Although the pub's fairly upmarket and a bit gastro, it ticked the ale quality box, so is worth dropping in for a swift one if you're in the area. It's not cheap though.

On 11th January 2014 - rating: 5

Steve C left this review about Kings Head

I had a nice pint of Pride in here one Saturday evening recently and although I found the staff to be nice enough I decided not to stay and try the other ale offering of Banker's Draft as I found it hard to get settled due to there being no seating or standing room other than at the busy bar. I wouldn't normally find this a problem, but unfortunately the patrons of the King's Head that I ‘bumped into' seemed to be a self obsessed bunch who wouldn't move out of the way for the queen if she popped in.

Along with the two ales there is a wide selection of premium lagers and also Old Rosie cider. The staff were pleasant enough and seemed to easily cope with the demands of the thirsty punters.

I would go back here again if I happened to be in Crouch End during the daytime when the pub is less busy, but I wouldn't entertain the idea of another weekend night visit.

On 30th June 2009 - rating: 5

• Live TV Sports : No last updated 12 January 2014 by Rex Rattus
  • Pinball : No last updated 12 January 2014 by Rex Rattus
  • Pool Table : No last updated 12 January 2014 by Rex Rattus
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 12 January 2014 by Rex Rattus
  • Wheelchair Access : Yes - Ground floor disabled toilet - last updated 12 January 2014 by Rex Rattus

Routes Maps & Locals