Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Jonathan Wilde
Submitted on Saturday, 27th June 2015
With picture contributions to 3247 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (6 more images)
Reviews of The Font (Average Rating: 7½ of 10) see review guidelines
Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Font
Trendy modern bar with a split-level arrangement as you enter, supplemented by an additional basement seating area. Mix of furniture and relatively plain decor. The emphasis seems to be on cocktails, but there are also four handpumps offering a decent selection of real ales: Vocation 'Pride & Joy', two from Brewsmith - APA (Australian Pale Ale) and Oatmeal Stout (£4.20) - and Marble 'A Carefully Planned Pale'. Although being a good 20+ years older than anybody else when I visited late one evening, I could see the appeal and found it one of the best places for a pint in the immediate area - a very pleasant surprise.
On 14th January 2017
- rating: 8
[User has posted 4183 recommendations about 4183 pubs]
Al Bundy left this review about The Font
Hidden down a side street next to the viaduct that brings the trains to and from Oxford Rd Station this is a fairly decent enough place which, I assume, is popular with students of an evening. The pub is on a variety of levels with a basement bit which wasn't open on this midweek afternoon visit. 4 handpumps on the bar with a very good selection of ales available.
On 18th October 2016
- rating: 7
[User has posted 2628 recommendations about 2540 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Peter Rydings left this review about The Font
Called in on the 14th of November its one of those places were its full of those sort of students think they are something but arenot just trying to out do each other one day they will come into the real world and find there is a thing called getting a job poor things.
Apart from my rant its a nice enough place the guy behind the bar was ok with me even if i did not fit inhad a good pint of Moor top it was very pale its from the Buxto brewery
On 15th November 2013
- rating: 7
[User has posted 948 recommendations about 917 pubs]
View more reviews of The Font (4)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 25% includes real cider - last updated 06 February 2017 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Child Friendly : Yes - Until 8 p.m. - last updated 06 February 2017 by ROB Camra
- Darts : No last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Jukebox : Yes last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Pinball : No last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Pool Table : No last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 09 April 2010 by Alan Hurdle
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 11 October 2013 by ROB Camra