Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Delboy 20
Submitted on Tuesday, 13th April 2010
With picture contributions to 416 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (1 more image)
Reviews of Coopers Arms / Y Cwps (Average Rating: 4½ of 10) see review guidelines
Beer Belly left this review about The Coopers Arms/Y Cwps
Only opens in the evening and earlier on weekends.I think it has accommodation for both workers and more permanent residents above.
It's first stop down the hill from the Uni & Hospital. it's a Pub frequented by Uni staff and locals in the earlier hours who are joined buy Students later on. They mainly speak Welsh but will not ignore you and will converse in English, the topics do tend to be on the Welsh political side but you will get a more topical debate here than in most locals bars. I have always had a very good pint of Felinfoel Beer here and find it a welcoming Pub with. The Landlord & Landlady are local farmers(And Maybe responsible for Bragdy Gwynant Wales' smallest Brewer.) and appear to keep staff on there toes. If your unlucky they might still be renting an upstairs room to a Drummer. If your lucky he might have learnt to play them by now or has taken the hint and stopped trying.
Like most of Aber smoking areas are either the front door which looks like a Back door to a house, or tucked away down the side.
On 10th June 2016
- rating: 7
[User has posted 20 recommendations about 20 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Quinno _ left this review about The Coopers Arms/Y Cwps
Small, narrow and pokey. Recently refurbed so a bit cleaner but less quirky. Note to ale drinkers – don’t be fooled by the handpulls, only two of them work. If you order the Felinfoel Stout they'll sub in a keg version without telling you; false dispense. I've always struggled to feel any real love for the place outside the music nights.
Click the link towards the bottom of the page for an expanded review.
On 30th March 2009
- rating: 2
[User has posted 3335 recommendations about 3323 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- The Coopers Arms review at Quinnos Aberystwyth Pubs Guide - aberpubs.blogspot.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- Beer Garden : No last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- Car Park : No last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- Pinball : No last updated 28 September 2013 by Quinno _
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 06 June 2014 by Quinno _
- Real Cider : No last updated 06 June 2014 by Quinno _