Chat about -
Real Ale & Interest In Pubs: The Link with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Image posted by adam bell
Submitted on Monday, 11th April 2011

The Rose Inn

Coton Road
Nuneaton
CV11 5TS

Local Transport show 11 more transport points

hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop

Bus Stop(, ) Riversley Road

Reviews of The Rose Inn (Average Rating: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The Rose Inn

A Marstons pub, as loudly proclaimed on the end walls, and I have been in so many ordinary and unexciting pubs of theirs that I didn't expect anything special when I walked into the Rose. Just goes to show how wrong you can be, because if I lived in Nuneaton (which heaven forfend) I would be quite happy to make this my local. The building stands alone on the edge of a modern housing estate. Inside the original multiroomed layout has been maintained, and I passed along a corridor between two closed doors to reach the bar in the room at the rear. There were several locals clustered around the bar, but I eventually got a clear view of the three hand pumps. These were serving Pedigree, Burton Bitter and Hansons Mild. I only had time for one, so I had the mild which was in very good condition.

This is a genuine locals pub, with a friendly atmosphere so that I soon felt at home. The back room has been rearranged and enlarged somewhat, and there is an RSJ just above the bar which features a collection of clocks, which apparently started as a sort of joke but has reached the point of being a bit of an obsession. Pride of place goes to a former colliery clock, a giant of about one metre diameter, which is above the mantelpiece. If I find myself in Nuneaton again I will certainly return to the Rose.

On 29th January 2013 - rating: 8

Pub Web Links

No known links relating to the pub.

Map location corrected by Paul Brett