Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Tuesday, 1st September 2015
With picture contributions to 18139 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (9 more images)
Reviews of The Oxford Retreat (Average Rating: 3 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Quinno _ left this review about The Oxford Retreat
Pretty charmless place in an otherwise rather tasty building that trades on it being the first obvious pub from the station to town and also its riverside location. Fairly standard interior; some full length wood panelling, bare boards, sofas and lounge muzak. Doom Bar and Pride on the bar. Doom was a little warm and pedestrian and at 2 quid a half in a dirty glass I wasn’t impressed. No running water in the gents either. Pretty lazy outlet and in a city that has quality pubs well into double figures within 10 minutes walk, why bother with here?
On 6th May 2014
- rating: 3
[User has posted 3212 recommendations about 3200 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of The Oxford Retreat - www.theoxfordretreat.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 07 May 2014 by Quinno _
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 20 May 2014 by Quinno _
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 07 May 2014 by Quinno _
- Darts : No last updated 20 May 2014 by Quinno _
- Function Room : Yes - According to Facebook page - last updated 21 July 2015 by Dave McNally
- Pinball : No last updated 20 May 2014 by Quinno _
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 07 May 2014 by Quinno _
- Real Cider : No last updated 07 May 2014 by Quinno _