Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Philip Carter
Submitted on Thursday, 29th September 2016
With picture contributions to 1078 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (15 more images)
Reviews of The Ascott (Average Rating: 6 of 10) see review guidelines
E TA left this review about The Ascott
The only real pub left in Eastcote, this large corner pub is still operated by Greene King and well described by Rex, below. Four ales on, I had a pint of Everard's Tiger which was in quite good condition. The gaming machines were burbling away quietly, while BBC News was on the TV. The pub is quite loud as you approach, not terribly comfortable, so it's fine for a quick beer but I wouldn't spend an entire evening here.
On 13th December 2016
- rating: 6
[User has posted 1695 recommendations about 1681 pubs]
Rex Rattus left this review about The Ascott
This is a Greene King pub under their Flame Grill branding. It's got the cheap hotel lounge look inside with full colour glossy menus on the tables, including the usual sort of meal deals involving mainly pub grub. It's got the usual mix of furnishings, is mainly bare-boarded with replacement boards but with a couple of carpetted areas. It's a large pub, the interior of which is sub-divided up into numerous fairly distinct, but obviously inter-connected, areas. One of said areas might be regarded as a sports bar, as it contained both a dartboard and pool table. At least a couple of the areas were divided by shelving containing a glorified wine rack, with dozens of bottles lying on their sides. They looked to be unopened, so perhaps it was sensible that they were behind glass screening.
There are the inevitable fruit machines all over the place, plus I spotted a large TV on one of the walls. There's a fair bit of seating outside at the front. Being a Greene King pub you are not surprised to see GK IPA and London Glory on, but it was a pleasant surprise to see both Timothy Taylor Landlord (£2 a half) and Hogsback TEA available. Nevertheless, I found this to be a fairly uninspiring identikit pub, but is the best bet in easy walking distance of Eastcote Station, was clean and comfortable, and does have a few real ales on. So, OK overall.
On 11th April 2016
- rating: 6
[User has posted 2141 recommendations about 2079 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Darts : Yes last updated 11 April 2016 by Rex Rattus
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 11 April 2016 by Rex Rattus
- Karaoke : Yes last updated 23 December 2014 by Dave McNally
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Micropub : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Pinball : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Pool Table : Yes last updated 11 April 2016 by Rex Rattus
- Quiz Night : Yes last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- Real Cider : No last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
- WiFi : Yes last updated 05 October 2016 by E TA
Last inspected: January 4th 2016