Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Quinno _
Submitted on Monday, 19th January 2015
With picture contributions to 2205 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (7 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of Ma Egertons (Average Rating: 7 of 10) see review guidelines
Quinno _ left this review about Ma Egertons
Theatre pub, tucked behind the Empire building and very close to the side entrance of Lime Street BR. Enter to a small lobby bar with a nice dark wood servery with what looked unfortunately cheap plastic 'stained' glass in the bar gantry. There’s a larger room off to the left with bottle green banquette seating and sumptuous purple wallpaper, along with the obligatory pics of theatre stars and impresarios of days yore. Pizzas available - notably including gluten free - at surprisingly cheap prices; wish we’d known that beforehand as we’d have eaten here before catching the performance! Two pumps at the bar though just Robinsons Dizzy Blonde on, which in fairness was in good nick. There’s enough character here to warrant a quick visit I think.
On 17th January 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 2431 recommendations about 2421 pubs]
Real Ale Ray left this review about Ma Egertons
A traditional and comfortable small two roomed pub just next to the taxi rank at the side of Lime Street Station. This is a very respectable pub and was well worth a visit. I've seen this pub advertised in Mersey Ale on numerous occasions, claiming to have three handpumps exclusively serving Theakston's. No Theakston's on this visit. The pub is open 7 days a week from 11am to midnight.
On 31st December 2014
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1399 recommendations about 1399 pubs]
Old Boots left this review about Ma Egertons
At last cask ales have arrived back at Ma Egertons, Theakstons and Robinsons in good nick. It also boasts pizza served from 12-12, Shameless's Tina Malone (Mimi Maguire) hosting a quiz on Monday nights, a singalong on Fridays and a music quiz monthly on a Thursday. Very handy for Lime St station especially so since the Head of Steam went downhill.
On 8th July 2014
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 1407 recommendations about 1350 pubs]
View more reviews of Ma Egertons (5)
No known links relating to the pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Beer Garden : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 10% - last updated 04 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Karaoke : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 04 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Pinball : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Pool Table : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Real Ale : Yes - Now serving Theakstons ales - last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
- Real Cider : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
Last inspected: November 15th 2012