Chat about -

122 Fortis Green Road
N10
N10 3HN

Local Transport show 13 more transport points

hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop

Bus Stop(, ) Muswell Hill Road (N10)

Reviews of The John Baird (Average Rating: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The John Baird

It was quite busy on my recent visit, with several family groups having an evening meal and not many spare seats. Quite a few people were standing at the bar, with one person holding forth to a group of friends: a loudmouth whose only available adjective began with F and was used twice in every sentence. Good choice of beers on the eight or nine hand pumps. Two ciders, two porters, two bitters and a mild. We found a table, but the reason for the pub being so busy became apparent when quiz sheets began to be distributed. So if, like me, you would prefer a quiet drink, avoid this place on Sunday evenings.

On 9th May 2012 - rating: 6

Alesonly . left this review about The John Baird

I was in this Pub last night on my way back after the GBBF as its only about 200 yards from my house. The good points are they have some very good guest Ales on Tap and there always in excellent condition last night there was Mordue Workie Ticket' Doom Bar & several other good Ales on on Tap and all the ones I tried were in excellent condition. The Pub is always clean & tidy and the Staff are always very polite.
The only bad point I find is that they allow food too be eaten anywhere in the Pub not just in the restaurant part and I find the smell tends to put me off my beer. But this apart its not a bad Pub providing you go in when theres no sport on TV. But all in all Its worth a visit just for the Ales & Its much better During the weekday Evenings or during the day time as its a lot quieter.

For Beer & Ale Quality 10/10 overall score 7/10 due too the constant smell of stale food.

On 5th August 2010 - rating: 7

Steve C left this review about The John Baird

I popped in here yesterday after a long absence and found it to be pretty much how I remember after the refurbishment just over two years ago. I’m usually against pub modernisations and some will say that they preferred it the way it was, but I thought that the pub had become old and tired and has now vastly improved.

I always found the staff to be friendly and this visit was no exception as I was greeted with a smile and my Guinness was spot on. Along with a standard and premium draught selection there were seven ales available, some of which were more familiar than others. Food is also served and ‘The Black Orchid’ Thai restaurant can be found at the rear of the pub. I’ve heard that it is good quality and as it is fairly self-contained I have never found the main pub area to be overrun with diners.

There is a projector screen and some flat screen TVs on which all the football is shown via Sky Sports.

Some traditionalists will not like it in here, but I think that this is one of the better pubs in the area and I would recommend it to others.

On 10th February 2010 - rating: 8