Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Will Larter
Submitted on Thursday, 1st December 2011
With picture contributions to 5506 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (13 more images)
Reviews of The Pineapple (Average Rating: 8 of 10) see review guidelines
john gray left this review about The Pineapple
Well described on previous reviews.Hate heavy curtains behind pub doors.Cosy warm and busy on my visit.Shame about the beer choice two from Cottage
,Doombar,hanlons -firefly and something drinkable from Darkstar -partridge best.
On 21st November 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 552 recommendations about 546 pubs]
Will Larter left this review about The Pineapple
I've always found this pub to be busy, though there's plenty of room and usually a table to be found somewhere, and I've only once had to stand nursing my glass while waiting for a space to develop. the Thai food, cooked upstairs, is popular, though sometimes the smell can clash with the beer. Five hand pumps featuring beers from Stod Fold, Redemption, Cottage and Dorset, plus the ubiquitous Sharps Doom Bar at the time of my latest visit.
The bar is immediately in front on entering the building, and the door has a heavy curtain behind it, presumably to prevent noise leaking out and annoying the neighbours in this quiet residential street. The serving staff are usually friendly and enthusiastic and the atmosphere is pleasant and not too noisy most of the time. On my latest visit the barman enquired whether I was a Camra member, and I got an unexpected discount, paying just £1.75 for my half of what my notes tell me was my best beer of the evening: Dorset Jurassic.
Date of visit: 20th May 2015
On 21st July 2015
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1287 recommendations about 1248 pubs]
Real Ale Ray left this review about The Pineapple
Many of the pubs original features remain intact. This includes the bar counter and I especially liked the etched glass servery, which read Whiskies Brandies and Wines along the top. There was also an original Newgate clock in the middle of this. Two large Bass & Co Pale Ale mirrors were on display, one above the fireplace and the other on the left hand wall. Five ales on handpump, we went for the Two Cocks Brewery Leveller and Bristol Beer Factor 7. Both beers were nothing to rave about and were quite flat. A pity really, as it is a decent and comfortable pub to visit.
On 13th February 2015
- rating: 8
[User has posted 1633 recommendations about 1633 pubs]
View more reviews of The Pineapple (15)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Randomness Guide to London - Pineapple entry
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 20p per pint on specific guest ales - last updated 20 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 20 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Karaoke : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Pinball : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Pool Table : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Quiz Night : Yes last updated 30 July 2013 by Will Larter
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Real Cider : No last updated 20 June 2014 by ROB Camra