Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Will Larter
Submitted on Thursday, 1st December 2011
With picture contributions to 6445 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (13 more images)
Reviews of The Pineapple (Average Rating: 7½ of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about The Pineapple
16th July 2016.
A return visit since my last in March 2011 and it would appear that things have changed and not for the better. The pub seems largely unchanged with a pleasant interior with Bass mirrors, conventional furniture and beguiling etched mirror bar back. However, the pub was absolutely rammed, with music that was far too loud - not pleasant at all. Allied to which there were some very chavvy - possibly regular - young girls with of all things, their mother, who were doing Jägerbombs and were mouthy as hell. There's still Thai food which thankfully we couldn't smell and the original Ind Coope Double Diamond lettering remains.
Ales: Truman's Rio Gold, Ringwood's Old Thumper, Oakham Ales' Jeffrey Hudson Bitter, Sharp's Doom Bar and Blackjack's Double Bluff which was very good and amazingly cheap at £1.90 a half.
This pub isn't nearly as good as it once was, part of its appeal being that it was a quiet backstreet boozer. The other night was like drinking in a nightclub - we might give it another go sometime soon, but unless the other night was an aberration, we shan't be returning.
15th October 2016.
A return visit the other night and the music is just as loud, and the scantily clad shrieking girls were in. What was worse was the all-pervasive waft of Thai food. The only relatively high point of the visit was my pint of Mr. Swift's Pale Ale at £3.80 a pint. A good pint and decent value for the area. Otherwise, this pub has really gone to the dogs; marked down from 4 to 3.
On 15th October 2016
- rating: 3
[User has posted 1009 recommendations about 1001 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Steve of N21 left this review about The Pineapple
Had a good visit here. The pub was not so busy on a late Saturday lunchtime and managed to get one of the tables in the front bar section. I didn’t think the available beers of Doombar, Jennings Cumberland, Ringwood Old Thumper, Twickenham Grandstand and the aforementioned Hammerton Baron H was too shabby, and the Twickenham and Hammerton brews were in good condition. Good service levels encountered and any pub where the bar staff offer the CAMRA discount before being asked scores with me.
Plenty of good period features as mentioned by others and the huge Bass Pale Ale mirrors are impressive. Very comfortable pub and a decent enough Ale range for the area which will certainly have me back in when close again.
On 4th January 2016
- rating: 8
[User has posted 1398 recommendations about 1356 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
moby duck left this review about The Pineapple
Nice traditional interior as previously described.Like John found below the beer choice was a little pedestrian with offerings from Sharps,Jennings and Windsor and Eton breweries,The exception being Hammerton Baron H,which may not be to everybody's taste and was a bit pokey at 5.8% being only the second pint of the day,it was good though. A nice pub,certainly one of the better in Kentish Town.
On 13th December 2015
- rating: 7
[User has posted 807 recommendations about 797 pubs]
View more reviews of The Pineapple (17)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Randomness Guide to London - Pineapple entry
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 20p per pint on specific guest ales - last updated 20 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 20 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Darts : No last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 15 October 2016 by Tris C
- Function Room : No last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes - Thai. - last updated 15 October 2016 by Tris C
- Jukebox : No last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Live Music : No last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- Micropub : No last updated 16 July 2016 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Pool Table : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Quiz Night : Yes last updated 30 July 2013 by Will Larter
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 08 January 2015 by Quinno _
- Real Cider : No last updated 20 June 2014 by ROB Camra