Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Issue uploading photos from pubs front page - Dave!! with rpadam on the Pub Forum
Image posted by Terry Gilley
Submitted on Sunday, 6th July 2014
With picture contributions to 697 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (18 more images)
Reviews of The Steam Passage (Average Rating: 4½ of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about The Steam Passage
A first time in here the other night and Mr. Duck's not wrong when he describes this as being a pub for football fans but with added slightly chavvy transients. The floor is modern bare boarded with lots of wood panelling painted dark or pale grey. There are semi-industrial lights with low wattage filament bulbs. Furniture is mixed and there are games machines and loud music. In addition there are more TVs showing sport than a branch of Argos and in mid-October, there are nascent Christmas decorations.
Ales: Hobgoblin, Sharp's Doom Bar, Sambrook's Wandle and Hammerton's N7, price not clocked but good.
This isn't a great place and could easily be mistaken for a 'spoons and I wont' be returning.
On 23rd October 2016
- rating: 3
[User has posted 991 recommendations about 983 pubs]
moby duck left this review about The Steam Passage
Busy formula pub catering for football fans on my visit, only two beers on, an uninspiring pair of Sharps Doom Bar and Atlantic. I wouldn't bother again.
On 3rd May 2016
- rating: 4
[User has posted 720 recommendations about 711 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Rex Rattus left this review about The Steam Passage
There were three ales on in here - The Sharp's pairing of Atlantic and Doom Bar (of course), plus Rev James Blond. The Rev James came up rank, and the barmaid dipped a straw into my beer to test a drop or two of it. She wasn't entirely convinced as the beer wasn't cloudy, but changed it anyway. Interesting technique for testing beer quality - not seen it before. Food is available from a typical pubco glossy menu. Bangers and mash are £8.95, but "pies, glorious pies" is the main culinary offering with eight to choose from all at the seemingly standard price of £8.95.
It's typical pubco inside. The pubco in question is the Tattershall Castle Group (new one on me), but the ambience and layout is typical of pubcos like Stonegate or Taylor Walker. There's a wedge of tall tables/tall stools at the front of the room, with some normal tables and chairs ranged around the central island bar. There is a handful of picnic benches outside on the pavement.
This is a bustling pub at the Angel end of the heaving Upper St. It's handily placed on a main road I guess, but there's not really anything about it that would draw me back.
On 24th August 2015
- rating: 5
[User has posted 2091 recommendations about 2031 pubs]
View more reviews of The Steam Passage (9)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of The Steam Passage - www.thesteampassage.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Beer Garden : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Darts : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 19 March 2014 by hondo .
- Jukebox : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Live Music : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : Yes - Sky/BT Sport. - last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Micropub : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Pool Table : No last updated 23 October 2016 by Tris C
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 19 March 2014 by hondo .