Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Graham Mason
Submitted on Sunday, 4th January 2009
With picture contributions to 11082 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (23 more images)
Reviews of Crown Tavern (Average Rating: 6½ of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about Crown Tavern
Prior to the other night, I hadn't been in here for about 7 years; this place is heaving on a Friday evening with office workers pouring out onto Clerkenwell Green. Not so on a Sunday night when we found the place almost empty.
It now though seems less trendy than before, furniture is eclectic and in most respects it's a fairly conventional sort of contemporary pub. My pint of Southwold's Herbalist was very decent and so it should be at £4.35 a pint. I'd come again, not least because virtually every other pub is closed on a Sunday, and many are even closed on a Saturday!
On 23rd February 2016
- rating: 5
[User has posted 800 recommendations about 796 pubs]
Danny O'Revey left this review about Crown Tavern
Rather trendy almost cosmopolitan food & drink house with the comfort of a large tabled pavement on Clerkenwell Green. Just far enough away from crowds to feel relaxed. Inside has big sofas and a back area.
5 beers of ok quality, its an all round good effort, just needs more staff.
On 2nd July 2015
- rating: 7
[User has posted 917 recommendations about 895 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Steve of N21 left this review about The Crown Tavern
The Crown Tavern is a decent corner pub, well situated on the corner of Clerkenwell Green, although ‘Clerkenwell Concrete’ is nowadays more appropriate, as it’s been a long time since there was anything green in this square.
I tend to utilise the Crown Tavern during sunny summer lunchtimes, when you can utilise the metal tables on the ‘green’ outside and it’s a very pleasant spot. But popped in the other cold December evening to catch a pint.
Both the internal spaces were very busy with the early evening, after work crowd and first time to utilise the lounge, which was once used as a concert hall and retains some of the original features.
I utilise this place because it normally has a decent beer selection and something different from the usual London offerings and although, two of the five pumps were not operational, along with the usual suspects of London Pride and Sambrooks Wandel was Blackout Porter from the Compton brewery.
Never eaten here, but for a place for a decent pint, it again was true to form.
On 19th December 2011
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1324 recommendations about 1287 pubs]
View more reviews of Crown Tavern (7)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Randomness Guide to London - Crown Tavern entry
- Official site of the Crown Tavern, contains menus, wine list and beer details - www.thecrowntavernec1.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Beer Garden : No - Clerkenwell Green used for overspill. - last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Darts : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 06 April 2016 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Jukebox : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 06 April 2016 by Tris C
- Live Music : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : Yes - Six Nations. - last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Micropub : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Pool Table : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Quiz Night : No last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Wheelchair Access : No last updated 06 April 2016 by Tris C
- WiFi : Yes last updated 23 February 2016 by Tris C
Last inspected: October 21st 2014