Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by anonymous user
Submitted on Wednesday, 21st July 2004
View all this pub's pictures (14 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of The Warrington (Average Rating: 7½ of 10) see review guidelines
Steve of N21 left this review about The Warrington
The Warrington is another historic Maida Vale pub well restored to all its 19th century glory with a stunning interior featuring mosaic floors, huge fireplaces, art nouveau friezes, stained glass windows and furnishings originally taken from an old ship.
Again its another one that focusses on food, but nowadays not to the extent when it was owned by Gordon Ramsey. Now owned by the Faucet Inn chain, who own about 22 pub restaurants around London, the separate upstairs dining room is still the main reason to visit for many.
But we were here only for the beer and three of the four pumps were on the go with the fourth reverse clipped and Adnams Ghost ship, Young’s Bitter and OSH were the main stream options available. So another pub in this area where a more interesting ale range would be a fantastic complement to the superb interior, but it’s still worth a visit just to ogle the interior.
The pub also benefits from a pleasant outside garden space for alfresco drinking when the sun is high.
On 19th May 2014
- rating: 8
[User has posted 1162 recommendations about 1130 pubs]
Real Ale Ray left this review about The Warrington
Another one on my hit list after seeing it in Camra's Heritage Pubs. No surprise this pub is included in Camra's National Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors. It is described as one of London's most opulent pubs, no mistake there. I noticed there was some vandalism carried out on the marble counter top. The manager told me in the late 80's that they chopped out several holes in the marble top to fix in some keg fonts, four handpumps now try to cover this area. Prices were steep and I noticed the young barman was overcharging for the round. In spite of this, I still give this pub ten for the stunning interior. I went for Westerham Brewery Grass Hopper.
On 19th January 2014
- rating: 10
[User has posted 1262 recommendations about 1262 pubs]
Tris C left this review about The Warrington
On my first visit in the late 1980s (when the area was less exclusive), the then barren roundabout out front doubled as an unauthorised beer garden; carrying a round of drinks across Warrington Crescent was a hazardous affair. Today, the superb Victorian and art nouveau interior additions (which apparently date from the 1960s) are the main draw for this pub. You may even catch sight of David Soul at the bar.
However, I'm not sure that the unisex bog will appeal to all and this pub gets very crowded.
On 7th December 2013
- rating: 6
[User has posted 564 recommendations about 564 pubs]
View more reviews of The Warrington (6)
A stroll around the heritage interiors of W9 by Steve of N21
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- The Warrington page at the Faucet Inn site - www.faucetinn.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Darts : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 06 April 2010 by moby duck
- Jukebox : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Live Music : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Pool Table : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Quiz Night : Yes - Mondays. - last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 06 April 2010 by moby duck