Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Rex Rattus
Submitted on Wednesday, 12th May 2010
With picture contributions to 627 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (14 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of The Warrington (Average Rating: 7 of 10) see review guidelines
Real Ale Ray left this review about The Warrington
Another one on my hit list after seeing it in Camra's Heritage Pubs. No surprise this pub is included in Camra's National Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors. It is described as one of London's most opulent pubs, no mistake there. I noticed there was some vandalism carried out on the marble counter top. The manager told me in the late 80's that they chopped out several holes in the marble top to fix in some keg fonts, four handpumps now try to cover this area. Prices were steep and I noticed the young barman was overcharging for the round. In spite of this, I still give this pub ten for the stunning interior. I went for Westerham Brewery Grass Hopper.
On 19th January 2014
- rating: 10
[User has posted 1144 recommendations about 1144 pubs]
Tris C left this review about The Warrington
On my first visit in the late 1980s (when the area was less exclusive), the then barren roundabout out front doubled as an unauthorised beer garden; carrying a round of drinks across Warrington Crescent was a hazardous affair. Today, the superb Victorian and art nouveau interior additions (which apparently date from the 1960s) are the main draw for this pub. You may even catch sight of David Soul at the bar.
However, I'm not sure that the unisex bog will appeal to all and this pub gets very crowded.
On 7th December 2013
- rating: 6
[User has posted 512 recommendations about 512 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Warrington
Splendidly-preserved building with a host of interesting features both inside and out. The main entrance, with its columned portico and mosaic hotel name on the step, is particularly fine. The decorative marble, gilding, mouldings, murals, stained and etched glass, lighting, etc. in the two bars are all also worthy of note. Fancy modern restaurant at first floor level. Plenty of benches outside in the patio area. Four real ales on handpump - Pride, GK IPA, Broadside and Adnams Mild (expensive at £3.60). Well worth a visit.
On 26th March 2011
- rating: 8
[User has posted 2520 recommendations about 2520 pubs]
View more reviews of The Warrington (5)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- The Warrington page at the Faucet Inn site - www.faucetinn.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Darts : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 06 April 2010 by moby duck
- Jukebox : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Live Music : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Pool Table : No last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Quiz Night : Yes - Mondays. - last updated 07 December 2013 by Tris C
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 06 April 2010 by moby duck