Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Issue uploading photos from pubs front page - Dave!! with rpadam on the Pub Forum
Image posted by Graham Mason
Submitted on Monday, 22nd December 2008
With picture contributions to 11161 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (17 more images)
Reviews of The One Tun (Average Rating: 6 of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about The One Tun
I haven't been in here for a good 25 years when it was an office local so can't really remember it. A late Georgian pub, it is bare boarded with white tiles to the walls - indeed, as Mr. Man points out, the pub isn't tatty so perhaps has had a scrub. There were a fair number of locals, office workers and tourists in, mainly it would seem to watch the football, which, with four screens, dominated proceedings to the exclusion of all else. A dartboard could be seen to the rear.
On offer: Truman's Blindside, Twickenham's Grandstand, London Beer Factory's Beyond the Pale, Young's Bitter, Gold and Special at £2.20 a half.
This isn't a bad place, but I can't abide sports pub - which this most certainly is - when looking for a convivial evening so I won't be back unless there's a power cut.
On 30th March 2016
- rating: 4
[User has posted 991 recommendations about 983 pubs]
Malden man left this review about The One Tun
One room with a large central island bar, distressed boarded floor and wainscoted walls with a row of tiles above. Seating was a bit limited, some high tables in the front windows plus a drinking shelf along a side wall. The opposite side has a few small tables, all taken at 5pm on Tuesday. An outdoor pavement area takes the overflow.
I didn't get an impression of anything being shabby or tatty so perhaps there has been a spruce up, there is still a large Bass mirror and there is also loads of framed bits of stuff all over the walls.
There is a fairly rare central London dartboard behind the bar to the rear which is not only usable but had a trio of lads playing.
A Young's house, Bitter, Special and seasonal Schroodge St, probably the same one they serve all over but locally named, they also had Redemption Urban Dusk and Rock the Kasbeck. Food served, I noticed a specials board which offered pheasant pie, mama's meatballs and regular fish and chips.
I'm sure that somehow despite living in London for nearly 30 years that I have never been in here before, anyway, I quite liked it and would use it again if in the vicinity.
On 10th December 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 1433 recommendations about 1413 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Mark Davey left this review about The One Tun
As the only open pub that we found in the area on a freezing New Years Day evening, the One Tun was very welcoming. A decent pint of Youngs bitter was served and enjoyed in a busy little pub. Others have mentioned the tatty appearance and attempt at a trendy makover, however, these are minor downs when all you want is a decent pint. No problem calling again.
On 6th January 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 240 recommendations about 229 pubs]
View more reviews of The One Tun (10)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Randomness Guide to London - One Tun entry
- Official pages of the One Tun, contains menus, wine list and event details - www.youngs.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Darts : Yes last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Jukebox : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Live Music : Yes - Jazz. - last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Micropub : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Pool Table : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Quiz Night : Yes - Tuesday - last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes - Young's plus guests. - last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Wheelchair Access : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- WiFi : Yes last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
Last inspected: April 8th 2016