Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Tris C
Submitted on Sunday, 27th March 2011
With picture contributions to 2002 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (17 more images)
Reviews of The One Tun (Average Rating: 6 of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about The One Tun
I haven't been in here for a good 25 years when it was an office local so can't really remember it. A late Georgian pub, it is bare boarded with white tiles to the walls - indeed, as Mr. Man points out, the pub isn't tatty so perhaps has had a scrub. There were a fair number of locals, office workers and tourists in, mainly it would seem to watch the football, which, with four screens, dominated proceedings to the exclusion of all else. A dartboard could be seen to the rear.
On offer: Truman's Blindside, Twickenham's Grandstand, London Beer Factory's Beyond the Pale, Young's Bitter, Gold and Special at £2.20 a half.
This isn't a bad place, but I can't abide sports pub - which this most certainly is - when looking for a convivial evening so I won't be back unless there's a power cut.
On 30th March 2016
- rating: 4
[User has posted 872 recommendations about 865 pubs]
Malden man left this review about The One Tun
One room with a large central island bar, distressed boarded floor and wainscoted walls with a row of tiles above. Seating was a bit limited, some high tables in the front windows plus a drinking shelf along a side wall. The opposite side has a few small tables, all taken at 5pm on Tuesday. An outdoor pavement area takes the overflow.
I didn't get an impression of anything being shabby or tatty so perhaps there has been a spruce up, there is still a large Bass mirror and there is also loads of framed bits of stuff all over the walls.
There is a fairly rare central London dartboard behind the bar to the rear which is not only usable but had a trio of lads playing.
A Young's house, Bitter, Special and seasonal Schroodge St, probably the same one they serve all over but locally named, they also had Redemption Urban Dusk and Rock the Kasbeck. Food served, I noticed a specials board which offered pheasant pie, mama's meatballs and regular fish and chips.
I'm sure that somehow despite living in London for nearly 30 years that I have never been in here before, anyway, I quite liked it and would use it again if in the vicinity.
On 10th December 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 1412 recommendations about 1393 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Mark Davey left this review about The One Tun
As the only open pub that we found in the area on a freezing New Years Day evening, the One Tun was very welcoming. A decent pint of Youngs bitter was served and enjoyed in a busy little pub. Others have mentioned the tatty appearance and attempt at a trendy makover, however, these are minor downs when all you want is a decent pint. No problem calling again.
On 6th January 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 230 recommendations about 221 pubs]
View more reviews of The One Tun (10)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Randomness Guide to London - One Tun entry
- Official pages of the One Tun, contains menus, wine list and event details - www.youngs.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Darts : Yes last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Jukebox : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Live Music : Yes - Jazz. - last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Micropub : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 07 March 2014 by Rex Rattus
- Pool Table : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Quiz Night : Yes - Tuesday - last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes - Young's plus guests. - last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- Wheelchair Access : No last updated 30 March 2016 by Tris C
- WiFi : Yes last updated 07 March 2014 by ROB Camra
Last inspected: April 8th 2016