Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Stephen Roth
Submitted on Thursday, 9th September 2010
View all this pub's pictures (1 more image)
Reviews of The Three Compasses (Average Rating: 5½ of 10) see review guidelines
E TA left this review about The Three Compasses
A very pleasant country pub just off the M1. The 18th Century country house has a garden and car park at the front and covered seating, and is popular with walkers and riders. The inside has been opened out to form a large single bar area, though some walls have been left to form 3 demarcated bar areas. Some structural timbers have been left exposed, there is a very nice fireplace in the front bar and the décor is faux-rural/equestrian. The staff were very welcoming, the atmosphere convivial and the locals friendly. Three ales on draft – I had the Bombardier and Young's Bitter, and Wells Eagle was also available. The two beers I tried were both in very good condition, very enjoyable. Definitely worth making the trip out of town to find, and I'm sure I shall return.
On 27th August 2016
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1612 recommendations about 1599 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Clive Thompson left this review about The Three Compasses
Part of the Druid Pub chain. Almost seems like an extension of the equestrian centre over the road as the clientele are mostly from the ‘horsy set'. A large part of the pub is given over to diners and there is not a great deal of room to sit and have a beer. Adnams and Bombardier were on, in decent condition and priced at £3.00. There are a few rugby shirts and photos on the walls but the photos of the Aussies holding aloft the World Cup seemed a bit unnecessary. Far too many kids for my liking although there was a four generation birthday party going on so I suppose it was to be expected. Quite bizarrely there is a children's play area positioned right outside the toilets.
On 12th September 2009
- rating: 4
[User has posted 697 recommendations about 646 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Car Park : Yes last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Micropub : No last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Pinball : No last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Pool Table : No last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- WiFi : Yes last updated 13 July 2016 by E TA