Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Bucking Fastard
Submitted on Sunday, 30th October 2011
With picture contributions to 1352 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (2 more images)
Reviews of The Bell Motel (Average Rating: 7 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Bucking Fastard left this review about The Bell Motel
The bar is to the right of the front door,and has the look and feel of a sports bar.Besides some sofas and modern furniture there are two flat screens with Sky Sports.However on the right hand wall there is a real fire in a substantial brick fireplace and ,besides the usual keg offerings ,there was a well kept TT Landlord,Woodforde's Wherry and the chrome northern/southern style GK IPA handpull.There were also three boxed ciders behind the bar,pleasing to see.
To the left of the entrance is Chimes Restaurant (geddit !) where there is reasonably priced pub food and an unused fireplace acting as a wine cellar.The pub cater for large groups and this was the venue for our office party,everyone was pleased with the food but I beat a hasty retreat when the flaming sambucas and karioke materialised.
At the rear of the building alongside the carpark are the various chalets which comprise this motel.
I would imaging this is a good place to watch some televised sport if you wanted a decent pint to boot.
On 4th December 2011
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1439 recommendations about 1439 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of The Bell Motel - www.thebellmotel.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : Yes last updated 12 December 2013 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 04 December 2011 by Will Larter
- Karaoke : Yes last updated 04 December 2011 by Will Larter
- Live Music : Yes last updated 12 December 2013 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 04 December 2011 by Will Larter
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 04 December 2011 by Will Larter
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 04 December 2011 by Will Larter