Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Malden man
Submitted on Saturday, 29th March 2014
With picture contributions to 626 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (10 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of Prince George (Average Rating: 6½ of 10) see review guidelines
Aqualung . left this review about Prince George
This place was full of younger folk on my visit. Apparently it does discount for students and I was told that they do CAMRA discount for Hophead only. As it was so busy I didn't get to note all of the beers but I had an Arundel Trident (£3.90) which seemed a bit expensive. As this former Charrington pub sells beers almost entirely from various Sussex microbreweries I assume that it is now a genuine free house.
On 15th December 2013
- rating: 7
[User has posted 275 recommendations about 243 pubs]
Clive Thompson left this review about Prince George
I think I came in at the wrong time. Only two of the six pumps were on and the one I opted for was warm and on the turn. In hindsight I would have ordered a bottle of Brewdog but frankly a pub offering this sort if rubbish by disinterested kids doesn't deserve my custom. I'm going across the road to try the Great Eastern. By way of explanation, rather than excuse, I did hear one of The disinterested kids say the manager was on holiday. They need to choose their relief staff more carefully.
On 20th September 2013
- rating: 5
[User has posted 691 recommendations about 640 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
hondo . left this review about Prince George
6 real ales and food served.
On 18th June 2012
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 1273 recommendations about 1256 pubs]
View more reviews of Prince George (5)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of the Prince George, contains menu and real ale details - www.princegeorgebrighton.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 20 September 2013 by Clive Thompson
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 20 September 2013 by Clive Thompson
- Beer Festivals : Yes - April - last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 15 December 2013 by Aqualung .
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - Hophead Only On My Visit - last updated 15 December 2013 by Aqualung .
- Car Park : No last updated 15 December 2013 by Aqualung .
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Quiz Night : Yes last updated 15 December 2013 by Aqualung .
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- WiFi : Yes - Cloud but could not connect. - last updated 20 September 2013 by Clive Thompson